We are offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus!!! If hired, you will receive $250 with your first paycheck and the remaining $750 after 90-days of employment.
CGL Facility Management is the largest, most experienced provider of outsourced facility maintenance services for state and local criminal justice facilities. We have provided valued-added, turnkey maintenance for correctional facilities since 1993. Maintenance represents one of the largest investments made in a community. Through maintenance solutions, comprehensive Total Cost of Ownership, and preventive maintenance, our plans make buildings last longer, costing the public less.
Our company offers competitive pay, incentive programs, generous paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance, wellness, retirement, educational assistance, career anniversary recognition program, career growth, and much, much more!!
You must be able to pass a drug, background screen and be eligible to work in the U.S. The work location for this position is at Wilkes Regional Youth Detention Center in Washington, Georgia.
The General Trades Technician will provide general maintenance to facilities and building maintenance. As Maintenance Technician, you will be a valuable member of the maintenance team. Responsible for checking, troubleshooting, and making routine repairs in the following areas: electrical, air conditioning, water heaters, plumbing, painting, carpentry, and other building maintenance areas. Work can include work in tight spaces depending on the maintenance requirement.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs general maintenance and repair work on facilities and equipment.
- Respond to service requests to include but not limited to electrical, furnaces, lighting, HVAC systems, appliances, water heaters, disposals, general plumbing & fixtures, carpentry, painting, roofing tasks, and other required maintenance items, may be required.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines operate smoothly, efficiently, and physical conditions of the buildings do not deteriorate.
- Follow and adhere to an established preventive maintenance program for all heating and ventilation systems and perform the required maintenance including replacement of filters, etc.
- Assist in emergency maintenance as required including sewage back-ups, water main and/or lateral breaks (dig to expose line, repair, and replace soil as needed), fires, other types of water leaks, appliance repairs, and etc.).
- Assembles, installs and/or repairs wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Diagnoses and corrects mechanical and structural problems, checking blueprints, repair manuals and parts catalogs.
- Installs, maintains, evaluates, and repairs any components of the facility’s systems.
- Operates plant equipment and building automation systems.
- Maintain equipment such as tools, gauges, snakes, drills, etc., in ready repair. Operates trade related tools and equipment; maintains/assists an accurate inventory of all materials and tools.
- Understand the proper use of equipment and chemicals and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Reads and utilizes blueprints, plans, drawings, and sketches to determine the work to be performed and resources required.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures and according to the standards of CGL Facility Maintenance standards, OSHA requirements, and client’s needs.
- Handles hazardous materials in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner. Observes all safety practices and regulations.
- Ensures all maintenance conforms to qualify standards and designated timeliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Works within assigned budget guidelines. Tracks repairs and equipment costs.
High school diploma (or equivalent) required. HVAC certification preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of two to three years experience in building repairs and maintenance or in the specific area of assignment is highly desirable.
- Have general knowledge of the following maintenance trades/skills: electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, and general building maintenance.
- EPA certification preferred.
- Perform work outside in all weather conditions and perform physical work, as well as to lift weights of up to 50 pounds regularly and above 50 pounds occasionally.
- Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Must be a team player, have strong work ethic, positive attitude, and reliable.
- Must be computer literate.
- Certifications may be required at time of hire and/or obtained within required timeframe.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and criminal back ground check.
Requires a self-motivated, team player who can multitask, and prioritize as well as demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to interact effectively with our clients.
CGL Facility Management, LLC, a Hunt Company provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are standard business hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Will be required to be on-call for after-hours emergency maintenance on a rotating basis.
Travel less than 10% of the time.
Majority of the tasks associated with this position will be performed outdoors. Some duties will require the ability to function with exposure to seasonal weather conditions. May have exposure to potential hazards.
Job Type: Full-time
- HVAC: 3 years (Required)
- electrical troubleshooting and repair: 3 years (Required)
- welding or fabrication: 3 years (Preferred)
- Blueprint Reading: 2 years (Required)
- commercial or industrial maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- What is your expected hourly rate or range?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma