The Maintenance position provides a wide range of facilities maintenance and custodial services for the hotel and performs the responsibilities of the hotel’s maintenance department.
Performs comprehensive mid-level technical maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of hotel facilities physical plant, and equipment.
Ensures compliance with all OSHA and similar regulations regarding performance of work within the control or performance of the hotel’s maintenance department.
May be placed on-call to work extended hours, as required by hotel management or hotel needs.
Protects guest privacy and safety when within reasonable control of the position to do so.
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotels that are supported by the management company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
- Oversees the completion and documentation of maintenance work orders’ work with together Housekeeping staff as necessary, and performs quality inspections of work performed by outside contractors and vendors, as appropriate.
- Performs preventive maintenance in guestrooms and common areas. Works with housekeeping to assure all guestrooms are guest-ready.
- Performs and conducts maintenance and repair of all building facilities and systems, including electrical system, heating, ventilation, and cooling systems, boilers, and water and plumbing systems; performs maintenance and repair tasks as appropriate.
- Investigates and troubleshoots problems with facilities and systems throughout the hotel and coordinate problem resolution, repair or replacement with the General Manager and outside vendors as appropriate.
- Troubleshoots and resolves or oversees resolution of routine maintenance issues or problems, including basic mechanical or other equipment malfunctions.As appropriate, coordinates external service companies and vendors to schedule repair or maintenance work and ensure timely and effective work completion.
- Requisitions as necessary maintenance supplies, tools and equipment; parts; materials, supplies, tools and/or equipment to General Manager as appropriate and authorized.Maintains records of all maintenance activities and repairs. * Ensures proper care and use of maintenance of tools, equipment and supplies; observes and promotes workplace safety and environmental practices and is familiar with and complies with all OSHA, state and local safety and regulatory requirements relating to all maintenance functions and activities and related work.
- Assists General Manager in Quality Assurance Evaluations to ensure the hotel is meeting all maintenance standards in accordance to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assures all interior and exterior areas are kept clean, clutter free, and free of trash. Performs exterior cleaning activities such as pressure washing, painting, mopping, and resurfacing.Maintains security for the guest, inn, and fellow Associates by following established procedures.
- Ensures exceptional customer service to all guests and protects guest privacy and safety when within reasonable control of the position to do so.
- Adheres to all companies’ policies and procedures including but not limited to guidelines published in the Standard Operating Procedure and Associate Manual.
- Maintains visibility and availability to guests.All Associates must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance. (Specific standards outlined in Associate handbook).
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor. * Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or loss to supervisor.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
APPLY ONLINE AT EXTENDEDSTAYJOBS.COM
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Maintenance Technician: 1 year (Required)