Are you a finance professional looking to make a difference in an exciting, high-growth company? We are seeking a Controller to support and grow our accounting department and be a part of our amazing team. The Controller will play a significant role in achieving financial goals and managing accounting processes including budget, planning, analysis, and financial reporting. The successful candidate will help organize, oversee, and monitor all of the organization's fiscal functions and performance in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare external quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP and SEC requirements
- Manage five-day monthly close process, including review of internal monthly financial statements and reconciliations
- Oversee general accounting including A/R, A/P, General Ledger, Payroll, Tax, etc.
- Continually develop and improve existing control environment
- Manage trade spend accounting and processes, including disputes and efficiency analysis
- Coordinate external audit activities and manage workflow and related expenses
- Research, analyze, and implement accounting practices based on new guidance
- Ensure the integrity and completeness of financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Oversee compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Assist management in budgeting, forecasting, cash flow analysis, and financial modeling
- Provide ad-hoc analytic decision-making support to the CEO, CFO, and Senior Management on special projects as required
- Assist in the development of cost accounting processes
- Develop and mentor finance and accounting team with an eye towards internal growth and high employee morale
- Evaluate financial and strategic programs, projects, and alternatives, and provide data-driven recommendations and advice
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s degree and CPA certification preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in Accounting or Finance, including 2+ years people management
- Public company experience and/or CPG industry experience highly preferred, including cost accounting expertise
- Broad knowledge of accounting concepts, techniques, and principles
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and have experience analyzing and implementing new guidance
- Advanced Excel skills -- e.g. pivot table, vlookup, indirect, index, etc.
- Trade spend experience preferred
- Tech savvy with a strong ERP systems background; database knowledge helpful; Netsuite experience a plus
- Ability to innovate and work independently, driving multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with a strong commitment to achieving the goals of the department and the company
- Commitment to high standards, customer service, integrity, and ethics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The unrelenting mission at Laird Superfood is to bring clean, simple, and thoughtfully formulated superfoods to the masses, provide a sense of purpose for which our employees are proud and that drives our everyday engagement. Our team’s ongoing collaboration in the ideation, development and delivery of high-quality natural food offerings not only strengthens the cohesiveness of our teams but ensures our contribution to healthier communities in which we live. We understand that the primary driver to achieve success is ensuring we invite highly motivated individuals with a health-conscious mindset to join our community. Additionally, we aim to create and maintain a positive, healthy, and inclusive culture to ensure ongoing commitment and growth within the team. Our employees enjoy a safe, inclusive and healthy workplace, a benefits package, and a value-based environment that encourages innovation and creativity.
Laird Superfood is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To learn more about Laird Superfood, visit www.lairdsuperfood.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 5 years (Required)