- 5+ years of experience in payments, business development, product management, and/or P&L general management
- End-to-end negotiation experience, including developing and executing successful deals with strategic relationships
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain respect of senior management and external executives
- Competency with internet and mobile technologies
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment
Amazon is seeking a talented, highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Payment Acceptance & Experience team, which is responsible for enabling customers globally to pay for services with their preferred payment methods. As part of the Strategic Payments Partnership team the Sr. Partner Manager manages the strategic engagement between Amazon and the global payment partner at the executive level and drives the execution of those strategies through teams at both the partner and Amazon. The role will entail concurrently driving multiple initiatives that may involve commercial, marketing, product, and technology components across a broad spectrum of businesses and geographies; including negotiation for unconventional deals which have broad implications across multiple Amazon business units. It is crucial for the candidate to be forward-thinking and capable of illustrating the benefits of new payments innovations with our partners.
This key role will be highly visible at the most senior levels of Amazon. You will need to work collaboratively with internal management teams to understand our relative advantages and risks, know when major features are in existing roadmaps, and current payment industry trends around innovation, consolidation and customer adoption.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong business development and a background in credit and debit cards, payments, financial services, with significant experience in e-commerce. The candidate should have demonstrated experience engaging senior-level executives in past roles, and a credible understanding of the overall payment ecosystem. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to drive tactical execution of sales and business development goals.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Create strategic business development plans and ensure these plans are in line with the overall Amazon Consumer Payments strategy
- Execute the strategic business development plans while working closely with internal stakeholders including finance, product & technology, legal, operations and customer service teams
- Evaluate the economic and strategic cost-benefit of new opportunities
- Support the strategic objectives and interests of Amazon’s business teams on a global basis
·MBA from a top-tier program
·Prior experience in financial services/payments, particularly with regards to e-commerce, card payments, network brands, and acquiring
·Thoughtful leader with a solid understanding of financial services technologies and their intersection with commerce
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.