The benefits and payroll specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all VRI employee benefits payroll and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and 401(k) plan.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of ADP Workforce Now
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in ADP Workforce Now to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Assists with new-hire benefits, orientations and onboarding.
- Perform monthly audits and reporting of all benefits-related data and processes in ADP Workforce Now
- Assist employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials to eligible employees
- Enroll employees with specified carriers and process life status changes.
- Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Process and administer all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
- Respond to 401(k) inquiries from managers and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts. Manage the annual catch-up contribution enrollment and employer match
- Assist with preparation, meetings, and applications during our benefits open enrolment
- Administer the HSA, 401(k) and other pre-tax savings programs.
- Coordinate and distribute information regarding the VRI employee wellness program.
- Minimal travel to satellite offices
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 5+ years’ employee benefits administration and payroll experience in ADP Workforce Now.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, including FMLA, ADA, ERISA and HIPAA.
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Customer service orientation and experience de-escalating and resolving employee concerns regarding their benefit programs.
- Experience working collaboratively with benefit consultants, to represent the best interests of the organization in terms of cost and quality of services.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field
VRI provides emergency response, fall detection, activity monitoring, medication management, vitals monitoring and care traffic control for over 160,000 clients in all 50 states. A single call is all our clients need to connect with our people - people who are genuinely eager to help in any situation, from emergencies to the everyday.
For more than 25 years, VRI heroes have been helping our clients live safer, more confident and more independent lives. The secret of our success? Our heroes. Every one of us is 100% committed to getting our clients what they need - we never stop acting as their advocate, partner and supporter.
Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Credit Check
VRI is a comfortable, progressive workplace with a wide array of benefits. We offer medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off, a retirement plan, and a wellness program. All VRI campuses are tobacco free. VRI has instituted tobacco premiums to their health plans but offers reasonable alternatives to employees to off-set those costs. We also offer employer-paid life insurance, an employee assistance program, and many other perks.
We provide emergency response, fall detection, activity monitoring, medication management, vitals monitoring and care traffic control for over 100,000 clients in all 50 states. A single call is all our clients need to connect with our people—people who are genuinely eager to help in any situation, from emergencies to the everyday.
At VRI, we partner with a broad network of health plans, care providers and advocates to provide the best personalized care. Our proven approach reduces costs, improves outcomes and enhances care for every patient population.
VRI is a tobacco free campus. Employees, visitors and contractors are not permitted to use tobacco while on VRI property. VRI has instituted tobacco premiums to their health plans but offers reasonable alternatives to employees to off-set those costs.