As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today
Responsible for regional event management and acts as regional marketing advocate to ensure a successful integration between solutions marketing and regional requests.
Event management is defined as: project management and coordination of events, including researching and booking venues, obtaining and reviewing contracts, audio/visual needs, planning menus, support driving attendance, providing clear communications regarding logistics and updates, oversee development of required signage, coordinate shipping of necessary materials, ensuring the event runs smoothly and on-site support when appropriate.
Regional advocacy is defined as: supporting regional marketing needs for assigned region(s), management of regional calendars, sf.com advocate to capture regional results and ensuring that the regional marketing plans are integrated with solution and partner plans.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Research and book venues, activities, audio/visual, catering, request contracts and when necessary select menus
• Coordinate and communicate all logistical details of customer-facing events in assigned geos. This includes instructions, reminders, follow up, etc.
• Works closely with Marketing Campaigns Specialist, local Sirius personnel and partner sponsors to develop and execute successful events
• Assists with events paid for and coordinated by local partner representatives as well as VPD – this may include but is not limited to invite and registration page creation (Splash proficiency), registration updates, logistics, etc.
• Calculate and manage budgets and ensure they are adhered to
• Works with Marketing Campaigns Specialist and Program Specialist to ensure funding is covered and within partner guidelines
• Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
• Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to drive attendance to events
• Sends registration updates to all stakeholders in accordance to schedules
• Works with Marketing Coordinators to ensure creation and shipment of all necessary event materials
• Ensures all necessary proof of performance for participating partners is obtained
• Assists with Corporate Events and large-scale programs as needed
• May need to travel to larger or more complicated events to handle onsite event management otherwise secures alternative onsite event manager
• Has a clear understanding what types of events are successful in assigned region
• Has a clear understanding of region’s focus solutions and partners
• Attends regular cadence meetings for assigned DSGMs to provide marketing updates for programs in process as well as reporting/status on leads from previous campaigns
• Sf.com advocate to capture results and closed deals influenced by marketing
• Maintains DSGM workbook including quarterly review sessions and updates to plans
• Utilizes marketing request process to capture relevant information for all field requests
• Manages regional marketing calendars
• Works closely with solution pods to insure DSGM plans are integrated to solution and partner workbooks
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related business field
• At least two (2) years marketing campaigns, events, or communications experience
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals working with direct supervision
• Familiarity with standard marketing concepts and practices
• Demonstrated project management, presentation, organizational and follow-up skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
• Experience in event planning and/or other marketing programs
• Demonstrated computer skills
• 1-3 years marketing campaign/event experience
The position provides marketing solutions to clients and as such may require the ability to travel to more complex events as well as at times, partner planning meetings.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.