Sr. Administrative Assistant - (00050468)
Congratulations on taking control of your career! We’re pleased you’re exploring opportunities to evolve and adapt your professional life. MITRE's diversity of sponsor missions, research areas, and cross-corporate capabilities translates into hundreds of meaningful projects at any given time. We invite you to discover how your unique combination of strengths and experiences can benefit our work program in new ways.
MITRE’s Knowledge and Collaboration Division of the CIO seeks an Executive Administrative Assistant to serve at primary administrative support to the Technical Director (TD) and our joint management team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing executive level administrative support duties and will interact with MITRE Directors, Corporate Officers and Customers. Candidate must be a seasoned executive assistant comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The Executive Administrative Assistant will serve as a strategic partner and key point of coordination for division leadership.
The Executive Assistant will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks, and should be able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Executive Assistant will be a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including: managing extremely active calendars of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
- Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings; provides full itineraries in Calendar and circulates as necessary
- Support strategic events and strategic customer and internal meeting logistics.
- Manage director’s time proactively, review calendars and adjusting conflict. Working closely and effectively with the directors, help identify priorities, strategically align time to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provide communications support: drafting emails, reports, memos, presentations, internal and external communications.
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Attend meetings at the request of the executive or senior management, take minutes and report back as necessary.
- Coordinate admin coverage for division office and departments when needed.
- Provide administrative support to other MITRE organizations as required.
- Draft memos, division guidelines, forms/ etc., to MITRE standards for review.
- Schedule appointments; arrange meetings, conferences, and luncheons both onsite and offsite; keep multiple electronic calendars up to date.
- Open and route physical and electronic correspondence, respond to routing correspondence, and draft response for review.
- Set up and maintain confidential files, organizational charts, telephone and significant event rosters.
- Answer and screen telephone calls; respond to routing questions, route calls to appropriate personnel, and/or relay messages accurately.
- Arrange travel itineraries for domestic and foreign travel, prepare travel documentation, prepare employee expense vouchers, and reconcile all expenses in a timely manner.
- Responsible for purchasing items on division MITRE Purchase Card and reconciliation.
- Attend meetings and conferences when required, provide set-up assistance for VTC’s, and take meeting notes for review and distribution.
- Work closely with other Divisions’ admin staff and Executive Assistants, promoting a smooth-running administrative team with divisions’ and departments’ admin staff.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
The position requires a highly detail-oriented individual who is comfortable managing multiple tasks simultaneously. A key requisite of the position is the ability to perform proficiently and must have superior communication and organization skills.
The successful candidate will have the ability to deal effectively and tactfully with all MITRE personnel, sponsors, and visitors; will pay attention to detail; will follow through on assignments; will work effectively with little supervision
Specific skills include
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High level of business acumen; Ability to work with colleagues at every level of the organization
- Excellent relationship builder; able to demonstrate a high level of tact, discretion, and diplomacy with all internal and external stakeholders. Must also demonstrate ability to maintain confidential/sensitive information.
- A strong teamwork ethos, maturity and initiative.
- Highly resourceful with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Experience arranging travel plans
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Ability to deliver highest quality under deadline pressure and in complex, fast-paced environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Provides systematic and dependable follow up, as well as a high level of organization and preparedness.
- Strong work tenure: five years of experience supporting Executives
- AA or BA wit 5 years of related experience.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Bedford
Work Locations: Bedford
Job: Office/Site Administration
This requisition requires a clearance of: None
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting: Jun 21, 2018, 2:32:46 PM