This position will be 11am to 8pm M-F
The Network Security Engineer interacts with customers and end-users to provide information and assistance with firewall change requests, to address networking/security support questions, and to troubleshoot or upgrade services, through the web and by telephone.
· Receive customer calls and web portal support tickets of a technical nature, takes direct actions or escalates to assist in timely resolution of all issues while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction.
· Confer with customers in order to provide information about product features and services, and to obtain and document details of any reported issues for resolution.
· Establish and maintain records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as steps taken and action items.
· Configure and confirm appropriate changes to resolve customer problems.
· Escalate unresolved customer concerns for review and follow-up.
· Improve overall customer relations by delivering expert technical support, communications, and other support skills.
· Ensure that any requests or questions about orders or cancelling accounts are forwarded to the appropriate person inside the company.
· Maintain and increase proficiency for technical responsibilities, through self-directed training and formal training programs.
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have a strong need to achieve and will be confident and detail-oriented, with an interest in engaging with partners and end-user customers both proactively and reactively. He/she must take initiative, working independently and as a part of a technical team. Ideal candidates will have the following skills/experience:
· 3 years experience with IP network technologies. Demonstrates understanding of TCP/IP, IPv4 addressing and subnets.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
· Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills. Ability to interact with a wide audience on a technical level.
· Sonicwall SNSA certification desired.
· Fortinet NSE4 certification desired.
· Experience in the telecom industry is a plus.
· Cisco CCNA / Network+ and/or Security+/ Security vendor-specific certification is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Network Security: 3 years (Preferred)
- IP Networking: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement