Due to technical issues, we do not recommend that you apply using a mobile device.
Compass Medical is a physician owned & directed healthcare company and is affiliated with Steward Healthcare Systems. Compass Medical is a fully integrated healthcare provider that offers high quality healthcare solutions from several locations south of Boston, Massachusetts. We offer Primary Care, Walk-In Urgent Care, some Specialty Care - including Cardiovascular, Radiology & Imaging, Medical Laboratory, and more.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain patient's safe passage in and out of the practice
- Greet, assess and interview patients
- Obtain past medical and surgical history, family history, social history, vital signs
- Review present medications, allergy history, chief complaint, and brief interrogation of complaint
- Act as a liaison between doctor and patient
- Explain medication, side effects, treatments, diets, diseases and disease processes
- Update medication list and current problem list
- Prepare and assist patients for examination, treatment, or procedure by medical staff
- Anticipate needs of patients, and the doctor under whom I work
- Monitoring of patient during examination, or procedure
- Maintain and update level of skill for pertinent medical assistant duties
- Stocking of supplies as needed, and maintaining clean exam rooms
- Respond to patient's concerns in person or by telephone while simultaneously documenting the problem
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Participate in training and skills development of new medical assistants
- Perform a variety of preliminary procedures, including phlebotomy, injections, throat cultures and more.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, check patients in and out for appointments utilizing our electronic internal practice management system.
- Confirm patient information at the time of check in.
- Complete / confirm insurance eligibility.
- Answer front desk phone calls..
- Explain financial requirements to the patient (s) or responsible parties and collect co-pays and past due balances as required.
- Contact billing on behalf of patient to setup payment plans.
- Assist to process in network referrals, work with other departments to setup appointments.
- Ensure Worker's Compensation and MVA paperwork is completed for visits.
- Maintain optimum customer service and patient confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Medical Assistant Certification Required
- Externship/Internship within related healthcare practice preferred.
- Must have current or very recent experience phlebotomy skills.
Please apply on-line.
Please no telephone calls.
Please no faxing, mailing or hand-delivering resumes.
ALL RECRUITMENT IS PERFORMED THROUGH THE BUSINESS OFFICE IN EAST BRIDGEWATER. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT OUR CLINICAL SITE FOR INFORMATION.
362 North Bedford Street
East Bridgewater, MA 02333