**Local Candidates Only**
Reports to: CEO/CTO
Supervises: Engineering department
Primary Functions: Plans, executes and monitors all phases of engineering programs for the organization. Coordinates the creation/improvement, development, design, and schedule of products to conform to established company objectives. Works with management to meet organizational objectives for all engineering activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (BSEE preferred) plus 8+ years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in embedded electromechanical products combining electrical, mechanical, and firmware/software components. LED lighting knowledge/experience a plus
- Experience with leading cross-functional product development product teams through concept, requirements, design, integration, and verification
- Experience in managing engineering processes for project management, revision control, design reviews and verification, and release/change documentation
- Experience working with supply chain and manufacturing teams
- Experience working with global vendors and external partners on OEM and custom designs
- Experience authoring specifications, plans, schedules and reports
- Experience with EMC / EMI, electrical safety compliance and other industry certifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Able to communicate easily and clearly in English.
- Must be able to legally work for any employer in the United States of America.
- Proactive system-level leadership of a hardware product team (electrical, mechanical, firmware, apps) focused on product development and maintenance of innovative outdoor LED lighting products targeted to the utility market
- Work with product architects to document and review product architecture descriptions, sub-system requirements specifications, product development schedules and roadmaps, and product configurations
- Daily proactive leadership of electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, and software engineers dedicated to designing, implementing, reviewing and verifying the product architecture
- Daily project management leadership of team activities, priorities, milestones and status, and proactively drive resolution of issues or decisions
- Lead engineers in working with external vendors and partners to specify, integrate, and test off-the-shelf and custom-designed modules
- Work with supply chain and engineers to create product bills-of-material, review engineering change orders, and ensure successful release of the product to manufacturing partners
- Functional management of small team of engineers and technicians
- Drive product verification and certification for safety, EMC, and industry-related requirements
- Work with supply chain management and contract manufacturing to monitor production system builds and respond to necessary changes to ensure production flow
- Oversee the Engineering Change process and drive change notices for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
- Present development status to executive management team
- Contribute to designs, documentation, testing and reviews as necessary to meet project milestones and objectives
- Actively contribute to new process and infrastructure improvements to improve capabilities, efficiency, and quality of product development team
- This job description is to be considered the foundation of responsibilities, not the boundaries.
- Strong analytical planning and organizational skills
- Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter – Sees what needs to get done and initiates activities to make it happen
- Detail-oriented – Obsesses over the small stuff while solving the big picture problems
- Multitasker - Manages and coordinates multiple simultaneous projects spanning diverse levels of detail and priority
- Communicator – Demonstrates excellent written and verbal skills and uses them to ensure the team knows the necessary facts and status
- Mediator – Resolves project and personnel conflicts and disputes through empathy, open conversations, and with emotional intelligence
- Is inquisitive and open minded and not afraid to ask questions to understand the situation
- Possesses working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, data entry, email, calendar software and revision control systems
- Brings an enthusiastic, proactive, entrepreneurial and highly innovative attitude and is comfortable wearing multiple hats in a fast-moving and highly dynamic environment
Evluma offers medical/dental insurance, life/disability, 401(k) match, generous holiday and paid-time off and flexible working arrangements.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering Management: 8 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules