We are currently seeking a data scientist to join GapInternational. As a part of the Data Science R&D team you will beresponsible for applying machine learning to different business problems. Youwill be taking care of all steps starting from dataset preparation, featuregeneration, training algorithms and deploying to make predictions. Projectswill range from simpler prediction problems with linear/logistic regression tocomplex problems in NLP. You will design and develop a platform tomanage, gain insight and make recommendations about marketing, prospect andclient data. You will collaborate with other departments to extractclient/prospect learnings and make business recommendations.
Gap International is a global performanceconsulting company based in Philadelphia. Our focus is always on overcomingshort-term obstacles to growth as well as delivering the longer-term vision andstrategic outcomes for the organization. For four decades, we have partneredwith leaders of some of the world’s greatest corporations to reach theirambitions and outperform what’s expected.
Purpose of the Role:
Design, developand utilize data to gain insight and make recommendations about marketing,prospect, client and product data.
Measures, Outcomes and Deliverables:
· Collectand integrate data from multiple sources to deliver clear and actionableinsights that impact all product and consulting delivery
· Developdata models and visualizations that impact direct client opportunities
· Leverageproduct data to make product development recommendations that are included inthe product life-cycle roadmap
· Leadweekly and monthly sessions to align senior leadership, Enterprise Business andMarketing to operate inside of best practices and business process
· Directdevelopment to include linguistic analysis across all client interventions
· 100%of projects are completed according to the timeline with measured impact to thebusiness
· Collectand integrate data from various data sources. This could involve text miningfrom document collections, as well as connecting to databases and extractingdata.
· Createdatasets for training algorithms. This will involve writing scripts to joindifferent structured and unstructured datasets, create features supportinghypothesis.
· Performiterative experiments with different techniques and features to discover bestperforming algorithm.
· Collaboratewith data engineering team to create data pipelines for regular feed intotrained algorithms to make predictions.
· Youwill need to ensure data feeds are consistent with features used duringtraining algorithms.
· Monitoralgorithm performance and suggest measures for improvement.
· Documentyour work starting with data collection, feature documentation, algorithmperformance results.
· 3-5 years of experience and a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, AppliedMathematics.
· Python ML/NLP libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, NLTK/SpaCy,or R equivalents.
· Visualization libraries.
· Programming Languages: Python/R, SQL.
· Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analysis,predictive analytics, and optimization algorithms
Find out more about the company: www.gapinternational.com
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan