Mount Carmel Guild Behavioral Health System, a CARF accredited division of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark, is a leading provider of mental health and addiction services in Northern New Jersey.
We are currently seeking Full Time Temporary – PACT Licensed Clinician (3 month period) for its Program for Assertive Community Treatment (PACT) located in Newark, NJ. (Agency Vehicles are used for travel. Travel for outreach is done in pairs.)
PACT provides direct behavioral health and social service care to *severely and persistently mentally ill (SPMI)* patients who have failed in traditional outpatient treatment. The PACT model consists of psychiatrists, nurses, therapists, vocational specialists and substance abuse counselors conducting outreach to clients. The goals of the program are to help consumers to fully utilize all necessary community resources, avoid re-hospitalization, and maintain quality of life.
(The SPMI population are usually those diagnosed within the Schizophrenia, Bipolar, and/or Psychotic spectrums.)
JOB DUTIES FOR THE LICENSED CLINICIAN:
- Ensure and provide direct assistance to staff within the team.
- Comprehensively address clients' mental health, recovery, and life support needs identified in a recovery plan addressing clients' goals and service/interventions.
- Assume clinical duties of the supervisor in the supervisor’s absence.
- Perform about 30 hours of outreach duties each week
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE LICENSED CLINICIAN:
- Master's degree in a behavioral health science or counseling specialty
- 2 years of post-bachelor's experience working with individuals with serious and persistent mental illness (SPMI)
- Valid New Jersey LSW or LAC
- NJ Valid Driver's License
Letter(s) from applicant’s former or current employer confirming dates of employment, hours worked and experience working with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness required.
Visit our website ccannj.com
- Please be advised that current employees applying to open positions within the Agency are required to fill out an Agency Internal Job Application Form which is available for download to all employees on HR's public folders in Outlook. Please forward the completed form to HR via email to the agency email address indicated at the end of the application form.
- Catholic Charities as a ministry of the Archdiocese of Newark, participates in the Church’s social mission by recognizing the inherent dignity and worth of all people, especially the poor, marginalized, and vulnerable, and by responding to the corporeal and material needs of those it serves with sincere Christian compassion. The activities of Catholic Charities are inspired and governed by its faith in Jesus Christ, the examples of Sacred Scripture, and the continuing exposition of Catholic social teaching. Through these activities, Catholic Charities strives to assist individuals in need, strengthen families, and to have those it serves experience the redemptive power of God’s mercy.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $21.63 /hour
- work with individuals diagnosed within bipolar spectrum: 2 years (Preferred)
- work with individuals diagnosed within psychotic spectrum: 2 years (Preferred)
- work with individuals diagnosed w/in Schizophrenia spectrum: 2 years (Preferred)
- post-bachelor's experience working with SPMI population: 2 years (Required)
- driver's license (Required)
- NJ LSW or LAC (Required)