Full Job Description
Security This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Salary Salary Negotiable
Experience and Education
Registered Nurse (RN) and/or Bachelor's degree in business administration, statistics, public health, quantitative analysis or related discipline. Master's of Business Administration, Master's of Public Health, or Master's of Health Administration preferred.
5 years related experience manipulating larger relational databases, statistical programming and development of data displays.
Job Duties 1. Collaborate on multi-disciplinary teams and provide analytical support for various projects related to quality improvement, patient safety, and outcomes.
2. Design, develop, and automate clinical quality and performance metrics. Maintains knowledge base of data requirements and measure definitions.
3. Interpret, explain and discuss data analysis results with project team. Makes recommendations and support strategies from improving clinical processes and patient outcomes.
4. Analyzes and organizes data using the appropriate analytical and statistical methods.
5. Identifies extracts, validates and manipulates data from different large databases using data management and querying skills.
6. Develops and automates using data displays such as charts and reporting tables to present data analysis results and track clinical processes and outcomes.
7. Consults on data collection and study design for clinical interventions.
Additional Responsibilities:May include any of the following:
Developing robust Business Intelligence (BI) tools using Tableau or Power BI including data preparation, dashboard design and development
Performing analysis using data science methods for forecasting, predictive and prescriptive analytics
Performing analysis using machine learning to create models while adhering to full SDLC (software design life cycle) using programming languages such as R, SAS, or Python
Developing software or web applications while adhering to full SDLC utilizing agile methodologies with languages such as HTML, VB Script, Java, C#, or C++, and source control tools such as Azure DevOps
Using Electronic Healthcare/Medical Record (EHR/EMR) applications such as Epic to validate data and analysis
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.