The Software Support Engineer position at TZA is a challenging and rewarding one. In this role you will work with ProTrack labor management systems to triage and analyze technical issues, many based in Production environments. Resolution of these issues – which includes planning, implementation, testing, and documentation – will be made either by the Support Engineer directly or in conjunction with the rest of the development team; this will depend on the system and issue at hand. Working with new technologies, finding patterns to recurring problems and suggesting/implementing improvements to prevent them, and collaborating with others - from project managers to system administrators – are just some of the benefits this role has to offer. Support Engineers are vital to TZA’s success as they provide timely and efficient fixes and updates to keep our customers happy.
- Analyzing custom configurations as well as shared components to identify defects in TZA’s ProTrack solutions
- Implementing fixes for defects
- Contributing to internal tools/reports that improve support of both internal and external customers
- Maintaining documentation and wiki articles
- Providing regular updates to Customer Service about the status of support requests
- Speaking directly to our ProTrack customers when technical issues need clarification
- Opportunity to contribute to release management, Dev Ops processes and automation to streamline product delivery.
- 4-year college degree (in CS or related field) or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years of web development experience
- 2 years of Support and customer facing experience. Experience with supply chain (warehouse, distribution, delivery) customers an advantage.
- Good understanding of RDBMS concepts and troubleshooting skills; development experience in MSSQL or similar enterprise RDBMS
- Java experience (specifically server-side J2EE technologies such as JSP, EJB, etc.)
- Solid experience in Windows and Linux or other UNIX based OS
- Experience with public cloud providers (GCE, AWS) and deployment technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical problems to non-technical audiences
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off