- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline
- Minimum 7 plus years experience running services on Linux
- Minimum 5 plus years systems engineering experience
- Minimum 5 plus years of Development of systems management and administration automation in Perl, Python, Ruby or Java.
- This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
We have multiple Systems Engineering positions available at different levels (mid to senior) in Seattle.
We’re building a new team dedicated to expanding our Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) to new customers. We are seeking talented engineers skilled in the art of integration who can bridge gaps between systems, software, and ops – and are not constrained by how “things are usually done”. This new team will focus on delivering solid, scalable systems on an aggressive schedule.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day, systems engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss new approaches to automate operational issues.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You'll become a expert at EC2 platform diagnosis, response, measurement, and automation. You will design and build the operational scalability that sustains the platform's growth. You will measure your success and it will be visible.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline
- Ownership, urgency, and drive to launch services
- Communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Debugging and systems analysis skills to be able to identify and quickly resolve/mitigate issues
- Exposure with massive-scale distributed systems
- TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN)
If you’re interested in learning more about this role and others that are similar, please join AWS recruiters at our next virtual TEXTING based open house: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/AWS/s/4LoBX/next?utm_medium=Career+Sites&utm_source=External+Postings
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
This position can be hired in Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA