Human Resources Generalist II - Recruitment/Employment Initiative
Responsible for successful recruiting and have a passion to initiate change and new employment programming. This position will collaborate closely with hiring departments to articulate the needs and develop customized recruiting plans. Under the direction of the Director of Human, the Recruiter will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing strategic recruiting programs including a focus on diversity and inclusion. This includes researching hiring best practices, emerging technologies, and outreach methodologies.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Work closely with management to identify current and future staffing and talent needs, establish timelines for filling positions, and collaborate on effective strategies to achieve and maintain established/budgeted staffing levels;
2. Provide regular updates on recruitment progress, results, challenges, status – verbally and in writing.
3. Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), makes recommendations to hiring manager and delivers employment offers for both exempt and nonexempt position openings.
4. Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
5. Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system through the HRIS system and manage application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
6. Analyzes the recruitment process performance, prepares the recruitment dashboards, presents dashboards, recommends changes to the recruitment process and implements changes
7. Participates in recruitment events and represents Unity within the community to expand diversity initiatives.
8. Fosters strong candidate relationships in person, via telephone, email, social media, etc. Utilizes new technologies as appropriate.
9. Develops social media strategies to position Unity as an employer of choice.
10. Manages internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, internal transfer offer letters, and salary negotiations.
11. Designs, develops and implements innovative outreach programs using diversity and inclusion best practice in support of Unity's strategic initiatives. Research best practice for full life cycle recruitment programs, with a focus on diversity.
12. Provides training to hiring managers on strategies regarding diversity and inclusion, including inclusion advocacy.
13. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local requirements and follows Unity’s recruitment and selection guidelines.
14. Manage day-to-day employee relations matters including employee/manager differences and exit/stay interviews.
15. Regular and reliable attendance at the worksite and adhere to assigned schedule.
16. Adhere to all company and departmental policies and procedures per the guidebook including all safety requirements including all safety guidelines.
17. Utilize electronic time management system to input time, attendance and paid off request.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
1. Participate in organizational planning and/or attend special recruitment events.
2. Serve and participate on the Leadership Council including training and speaking opportunities.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Marketing, Communication, Business or related field.
HRCI – SPHR or PHR certification, preferred.
- Communicate to a variety of audiences;
- Work with diverse, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of the organization;
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated success in recruitment at all levels including executive level required.
- Exposure to and the passion to support in the area of employee relations.
- Demonstrated experience to champion new initiatives in the areas of employment and community services for Unity.
- Excellent research and writing and proofreading skills, including a demonstrated command of proper English, grammar and spelling.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional and calm demeanor in all situations.
- Proven ability to build relationships across a diverse organization, fostering trust and credibility in the community.
- Training in applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes;
- Highly knowledgeable recruitment best practices
- Training and development principles, practices, methods, and procedures
- Research and analysis practices
- Program/project management principles and techniques.
- Automated applicant tracking and human resource information systems.
- Proficient end-user of MS Office: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook/Calendar. Advanced PC keyboarding skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of the internet resources related to research and communications
- Excellent working knowledge of social media, blogging and web-based communications.