The French’s Food Company, a subsidiary of McCormick & Company, Inc. and a global leader in flavor is seeking a full-time Account Manager for the French's Sales Team. This person will report to the Sales Director. This is a work from home position and is based in Southern California.
With more than $500 million in annual sales, our company has been crafting trusted foods using simple ingredients of the highest quality. From French’s Classic Yellow Mustard, long America’s top-selling mustard, to its most recent innovations, such as French’s Ketchup, the company has a history rich with delicious creations made from what today would be considered “clean, simple ingredients.” To learn more please visit us at www.frenchs.com.
The prime responsible for this position is proactively managing the sales and profit potential of assigned priority operator customers with the objective of maximizing sales, distribution and visibility on all core categories. Proactively develops sales strategies and tactics to penetrate customers across functions (culinary, operations, marketing, purchasing) to enhance our overall business relationship & executing business growth plans as set by the Sales Leadership Team
- Develop and manage customer relationship with buyers; contribute to customer strategy ensuring local McCormick business objectives are achieved
- Achieve / exceed all key sales measures and target for the national account (NR, COP, NWC and trade spend).
- Adapts knowledge of customer strategies to McCormick brand strategies to optimize sales potential through close communication with brand marketing.
- Partner with Demand Planning to ensure Customer Service levels and met / exceeded
- Work with Category Development Managers to develop plans to drive category / trade business plans; work with field sales to manage customer as key stakeholder
- Work directly with National Account Customers to: Target sales focus on under-developed brands, Promote expanded portfolio use, Deliver exclusive benefits to our strategic partners
- Managing customer negotiations in relation to McCormick branded strategy and customers trading terms
- Overall Continuous improvement - identifying opportunities for efficiency and profitability and overall improvement in the management of categories
- 4 year college degree preferred or equivalent management experience
- 5+ years food or Beverage Sales experience
- Previous experience with the specific operator chain account customers required
- Ability to travel required -50-70%
- Direct/mobilize internal resources (Culinary, Marketing, Customer Marketing, Management, R&D) to assist, where needed, in the execution of sales plans
- In depth knowledge of branded consumer packaged foods industry
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook & MS Office, Salesforce.com and must have excellent presentation skills
- Experience selling to operators and chains
- In-depth knowledge foodservice channel dynamics and trends
- Excellent internal and external communication skills
French's is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a general policy, French's does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.