Posting Date: 11/07/2019
Application Deadline: 30/07/2019
CubicFarm Systems Corp.
Position Title: Cubic Farmer
Location: Vineyard, UT
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
CubicFarms® Systems Corp. is a rapidly growing Agriculture Tech and Vertical Farming technology company that utilizes revolutionary, patented technology to cultivate high-quality produce. Founded in 2015, the company's mission is to provide farmers around the world with efficient growing systems capable of producing predictable crop yields. Using its unique undulating growing system, CubicFarms® solves the two main challenges within the indoor farming industry: high electricity and labour costs. Currently, CubicFarms® cultivates living lettuce, living basil, wheatgrass and microgreens at its own facility in Pitt Meadows, British Columbia and is partnering with other farmers to establish facilities around the world.
This is an exciting role, where no two days are ever the same.
- You’re the type of person who can’t walk out the door with anything left undone. You like all of the boxes ticked off, and make schedules and lists, even if no one cares but you. It’s in your DNA.
- You are a self-motivated, passionate, experienced individual who is looking for a full-time opportunity to work with an emerging organization with a great deal of room for advancement.
- You are an entrepreneurial minded, hands on person who leads by example and thrives on solving challenging problems.
- You have a green thumb and a jack of all trades. You are just as comfortable using a spreadsheet as you are using a wrench.
- You are motivated by thought of working in the new and upcoming Ag-Tech industry.
- You are reliable, proactive, and willing to take the lead on tasks that need to be accomplished.
- You have the ability to structure yourself in an unstructured environment and are motivated to learn new skills.
- You are willing to work during various hours throughout the day and lend a hand where required to get the job done.
- You are knowledgeable on standard concepts, practices and procedures within the agricultural/horticulture industry.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience working in agriculture, indoor vertical farming environments or in a greenhouse is an asset.
- A Certificate/Diploma/Associates or Bachelors Degree in any field of Horticulture/Agriculture/Botany/Biology or any other related field, is an asset.
- Use CubicFarm technology to grow amazing crops and cultivate product from seed to store shelf.
- Monitor, operate, and report on farming operations.
- Participate in cultivar research and new crop development.
- Ensure all safety policies and strict crop hygiene practices are followed and enforced.
- Assist with propagation, seeding, plant movement, spacing, packaging, picking orders, and irrigation of plants under controlled climate.
- Complete daily key operational checklists, including nutrition and fertilizer checks.
- Collect data to create standard growing formulas for CubicFarm Systems Corp.
- Evaluate new potential processes/products to increase revenue or save operating costs.
- Manage growing activities throughout lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
- Organize project teams into suitable workgroups and guide the teams throughout their efforts to produce deliverables according to specification.
- Confidently operate CubicFarm Machinery
- Responsible for conducting pre-operational checks on equipment
- Monitor the machine operation and perform in-process check, making adjustments as necessary
- Perform troubleshooting during production and report non-compliance event in timely manner
- Perform general maintenance of machinery
- Take good care of machine parts and tooling and be able to identify hazards on site
- Follow and adhere to all given instructions including work procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Strictly adhere to and observe all safety policies as outlined in the company policies and training sessions
- Capable of physical tasks for crop related trials and production
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift approximately 25 lbs. of weight
- Capable of troubleshooting basic farm equipment and resolving minor issues.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to pay attention to detail and ensure all tasks are completed correctly
- Experience working in indoor agriculture is an asset
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills, and organizational ability required
- Must be able to work-independently and be a self-starter
- Must have a valid drivers license, vehicle, and be willing to travel periodically to complete tasks
- Data, computer, and technical writing skills required
- Ability to deal with moderate levels of stress is required
- Experience working with supplementary lighting, plant nutrition and climate control systems is an asset
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures.
- Mechanically inclined for accurate set up of equipment, troubleshooting and machinery maintenance as well as a good working knowledge of equipment operations
- Previous experience in pharmaceutical, nutraceutical or food manufacturing preferred
- Knowledge of GMP an asset
Interested applicants may apply to the position by emailing their Resume and Cover Letter to recruiting @cubicfarms.com. Please reference job title in the subject line. Applicants must apply before the application deadline; however, the position will remain open until the it is filled.
CubicFarm Systems Corp. is an equal opportunity employer is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarm Systems Corp. is a growing organization in an emerging industry that will provide the right candidate with significant potential for advancement within the company.
Please reference job title in the subject line. Applicants must apply before the application deadline; however, the position will remain open until the it is filled.
Job Type: Full-time
- agriculture, indoor vertical farming, or greenhouse: 3 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative