This position is responsible for maintaining existing janitorial customer flooring as well commercial customer flooring. Floor Technicians are also trained and responsible for special projects including: industrial cleaning, furniture and upholstery cleaning, and more. Floor Technicians must have a clean driving record and able to drive a company van safely to and from customer locations in and around the Baltimore City, Baltimore County and Harford County. Floor Technicians must be problem solvers, take pride in their work, performing duties and responsibilities professionally with attention to detail. Employees in this position must be able to demonstrate the physical strength and endurance and an aptitude for learning, doing and improving upon technical skills and abilities as technology changes. Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Report to the Operations Manager daily and or weekly for work schedules. Take part in discussions of work completed, challenges, customer needs, facility details, products and equipment, etc. Provide feedback to Operations regarding work completed and work items.
2. Report to ServiceMaster office Monday-Friday afternoons, 4 pm. Clock in to work, complete assigned daily office and vehicle maintenance tasks before meeting with the Operations Manager at 4:30 pm.
3. Maintain a clean and orderly van, supply room and warehouse at the ServiceMaster office. All Project Crew are responsible for: weekly office housekeeping, re-stocking cleaning chemicals and materials, breaking down boxes, recycling and trash removal to dumpsters and company vehicle cleanliness.
4. Participate in ongoing training provided by ServiceMaster with the goal to demonstrate master level proficiency in the restoration, care and maintenance of multiple types of flooring procedures and processes.
5. At customer locations: Attend to applicable laws and parking requirements of company vehicles. Turn ON and turn OFF building alarm system successfully.
6. Perform all of the following work for customers: carpet cleaning, strip & wax vinyl composite tile flooring, ceramic tile and grout cleaning, concrete cleaning & sealing, tile & grout re-surfacing, wood floor cleaning, baseboard cleaning, vent cleaning, furniture & upholstery cleaning and industrial cleaning projects. This is not an exhaustive list but a list of duties common to the requirements of this position.
7. Project Crews are responsible for turning off lights after rooms are cleaned and inspected, report all safety/repair/ security problems and/or environmental hazards immediately to Operations Manager, Adhere to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health and safety procedures, Ensure security of building during and after cleaning and report any security violations.
8. Before leaving a customer building, the Project Crew is responsible for ensuring that customer buildings are secure, that all ServiceMaster equipment and supplies have been removed, and alarms systems have been correctly re-set.
9. Upon completion of each project, the Project Crew leaves a customer care instruction card and a customer survey post-card signed by the technician(s)
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Professional, Courteous, Discrete
Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Lifting up to 90 pounds
Ability to reach, bend, stoop and kneel, crawl, crouch, hear, see and speak.