The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
Under management and guidance, the Casual I (Researcher) provides support to the data collection efforts, including:
- Participating in all assessment and data collection training
- Traveling to local and national data-collection locations
- Conducting assessments with children
- Possibly conducting interviews with families
- Communicating effectively with families participating in study
- Facilitating project teamwork; engaging collaboratively in feedback
- Coordinating and communicating with study team leaders to follow established data collection protocols, and to submit data collected in a timely fashion
- Assisting with the set-up of technology and equipment in preparation for study activities
- Assisting with administrative tasks relevant to the study, including data management efforts
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; superior organizational skills; the ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal skills. Specific requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Coursework in psychology, education, or early childhood is a plus
- 1–2 years related research or education required
- Experience working with young children
- Experience working with families of young children
- Experience administering assessments to children preferred
- Experience serving as a teacher or assistant teacher in an early childhood or elementary classroom is a plus
- Experience with data entry. Familiarity with databases a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Availability from January to April 2019, with the flexibility to visit sites for up to five days at a time.
No phone calls, please