B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Vista is looking for a General Manager to lead the crew of the property converting to a Marriott. This GM will lead an amazing, established team in an award-winning, portfolio of lifestyle hotels, bars, and restaurants located walking distance from Disney Springs.
Great ambassadors bring the building to life, and we are looking for a high-energy leader who’s passionate about creating meaningful moments and memorable experiences in the lives of hotel guests and our ambassadors. Focus areas will be:
- Provide moments of unexpected delight to travelers and ensure any issues that arise are fixed with a WOW.
- Supervise development of and revision of business plan, annual budget, financial reports, monthly and annual forecasts that clearly explain operational effectiveness, tends and variances.
- Monitor quality assurance scores and/or guest feedback and communicate to and train ambassadors accordingly.
- Critically review reports of occupancy and revenue, partner with internal revenue management team to analyze trends and implement changes to maximize rom revenue.
- Ability to manage our ambassadors in conjunction with Performance Hospitality practices.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with community leaders, organizations, and key contacts.
- Make sure that the hotel has a supportive, positive culture in line with brand standards.
Education and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Hospitality or related field; or, equivalent training and experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience managing full-service and or Lifestyle hotels with experience as a General Manager
- Experience with Marriott Family of Brands Required, Lifestyle and/or Renaissance Brand Preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Strong Leadership with a creative yet professional image and excellent communication skills.
- "Hands-on" management style and achievements that show resourcefulness, initiative, and the ability to multi-task.
- Tech-savvy skill set.
- Skillful in project planning and able to prioritize tasks.
- Proactive team player and business coach (hands-on).
- Ability to adapt vision and proven flexibility.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills, and efficient time management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling changing priorities.
- Interior and exterior responsibilities.
- Extended time standing.
- Lifting, pushing pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional exposure to loud noises and extreme temperatures.
- Use of applicable safety equipment as necessary.
Performance Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $150,431.23 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Orlando, FL 32830: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have Marriott full-service experience?
- Do you have a Minimum of 5 years of Full-service hotel General Manager experience?
- Hotel management: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: In person