Uster Technologies, Inc. (a subsidiary of Toyota Industries Corporation) is the leading high technology instrument manufacturer of products for quality measurement and certification for the textile industry. Uster consistently brings outstanding and innovative new products to the market -- this is possible thanks to dedicated team members who average more than 20 years of service. We currently have the following position available at our Knoxville, TN location:
Primary duties include:
· Interacts with customers to develop textile technological “know-how” to support the development of proper and suitable new products.
· Transfers this “know-how” with additional tools to end users to support them to achieve performance excellence and sustainability in their business through optimization and consistency of Quality.
· Works closely with R&D and Marketing on current product application development and on new product development activities with regard to requirement setting and beta testing.
· Deep knowledge in short staple fiber spinning process -- ideally in Ring, Compact, Rotor and Air-jet spinning. Knowledge of fabric forming (knitting and weaving) and finishing processes are a plus.
· Experience in man-made fiber and cotton processing, and knowledge about fiber and yarn testing.
· Good presentation and data analysis skills.
· Experience working in intercultural working environments (India, China, Europe). Good knowledge of English (verbal and written). Spanish skills are a plus.
· Master’s in Textiles or minimum of 10 years of experience in a spinning mill; ideally, with experience in man-made fiber production.
· Experience working with or in an R&D environment is a plus.
· Basic knowledge of experimental design and statistical analysis. SPC or Six Sigma certificates a plus.
· Travel up to 30% (domestic and international).
Benefits include: competitive salary plus incentive pay; excellent 401(k) with company match and profit sharing; medical, dental and disability insurances; “paid time off” and holidays; business casual environment; and special summer hours. Please visit our website at www.uster.com.
Submit resume with salary history to:
Uster Technologies, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
456 Troy Circle
Knoxville, TN 37919
(no phone calls please)
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative