INFORMATION DESK RECEPTIONIST
Support the visitor services aspect of Sarah P. Duke Gardens and the Doris Duke Center operations, including the greeting of visitors and event guests, answering of various visitor-related questions, and providing excellent service to both visitors and fellow staff.
- Greet visitors to the Gardens at the Doris Duke Center and provide general information and directions
- Answer visitors’ questions related to the Gardens and the broader Duke and Durham communities
- Answer telephone calls and assisting/redirecting as appropriate
- Provide information about the Friends of Duke Gardens membership program and education programs
- Assist with various duties,and other related tasks as assigned and requested, including carrying brochure materials from storage to the information desk
- Filing and other routine office duties may be necessary
- Opening and closing the Doris Duke Center
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to interact with the general public in a professional and friendly manner and provide quality customer service
- Must be reliable, punctual, organized, and have strong communication skills
- Must be available on weekends and around holidays (the Doris Duke Center at Duke Gardens is closed on Duke Employee holidays)
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires basic mathematical knowledge and ability to interpretdiagrams generally acquired through a high school education.
Work requires six months experience in the set up of special eventsequipment or related experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCEAbility to lift items up to 50 pounds and NC driver's license required.