Job ID: 2303652
Location: OKLAHOMA CITY, OK, US
Date Posted: 2023-03-15
Subcategory: Training Analyst
Schedule: Casual (includes On Call and Temporary)
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
- ATTN FERS RETIREES: Earnings received as an ATC Instructor, ATC Training Instructional Supervisor, or Contractor Site Supervisor working on this program are EXEMPT from the Supplemental Annuity earnings limits for FERS retirees between the ages of 56 and 62.
We are looking for an experienced, ATCT (Tower) Air Traffic Control Instructor to join the SAIC Controller Training Solutions (CTS) team at the FAA Academy in Oklahoma City, OK, supporting air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is responsible for ensuring that air traffic control specialists provide the flying public with a high level of safety and professionalism. A well-trained Air Traffic Control (ATC) workforce plays an essential role in fulfilling this responsibility.
To provide such air traffic services, the FAA trains new air traffic control specialists and provides recurrent training to current air traffic control specialists. To ensure these training needs are met, the FAA utilizes Contractor-provided instructional services at the FAA Academy and FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories.
The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified air traffic controllers. SAIC must provide training and training related support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities.
The candidate selected for this position will support onsite training requirements as a Casual, ATC Tower Instructor-II, at the FAA Academy, in Oklahoma City, OK.
The CTS Academy Instructor-II is a hands-on position that requires the candidate to effectively and consistently deliver the highest quality training to a wide variety of developmental air traffic control students.
The successful candidate for this position must be able to demonstrate strong technical skills with current ATC automation, simulation systems and procedures, and must demonstrate the knowledge and skills required for obtaining ATCT (TSS) simulation laboratory certification at the FAA Academy.
US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
Candidates for these instructor positions shall have a minimum of 3 years of FAA CPC ATCS experience in a civilian ATCT or ATCT/TRACON or other equivalent civilian facility. This experience must have been at a facility equal to or exceeding an ATC facility level 7, up to and including level 9.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Only candidates with both FAA civilian ATCT and/or ATCT/TRACON experience will be considered for this position.
- Direct experience as a certified ATC Instructor at the FAA Academy is prefered but not required.
- Operational Experience with ATC simulators including scenario design for simulation platforms (e.g. TSS, AT Coach, SGET, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with FAA personnel at all levels to ensure the delivery of training services meet the needs of the local facility, as well as the FAA’s overall Air Traffic Control mission is highly desired.
- Experience demonstrating excellent teaching and/or platform skills, classroom management techniques, and a student-focused drive for continuous improvement.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- FAA Certified Professional Controller (CPC) certification required with the ability to obtain and maintain Instructor-II Simulation Laboratory Certification.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.