Some equations prove quite simple:
Join a high-growth company and you will enjoy abundant opportunities to shape the industry in unique, concrete ways. Huron’s corporate team members collaborate with the business to extend their wealth of knowledge and expertise across a vast arena: Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Facilities. From strategy to execution they partner with the business to solve today’s business challenges and plan for our future. It’s a vital evolutionary circle…one that explains why we profoundly value our corporate team—and why we seek out only the most committed individuals.
If you’re aiming to maximize your potential, Huron will put a roadmap in your capable hands and say, simply, drive. You already possess the passion and expertise to achieve greatness. Now let us help get you there.
Real-world visibility. Top-notch opportunities. First-rate recognition.
As a Learning Specialist you will play a vital role in advancing Huron’s learning culture in a high-growth, fast-paced organization. The L&OE Development Specialist requires working independently with a proactive mindset, strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills as well as to work collaboratively with the team and internal clients.
This role has strong emphasis on multi-tasking, communicating with internal team members, internal clients and vendors on a regular basis. Strong organizational skills are critical in order to manage the various tasks assigned as well as successfully manage competing priorities.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE & NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist the team to drive clear and compelling communications to market learning programs, performance and development initiatives, etc.
- Provide general administrative support to team (e.g. preparing materials, printing, proof-reading, quality checking documents, ad-hoc logistics support, meals for programs, and note-taking)
- Training room management: Partner with IT and Facilities teams to maintain training room equipment/materials and ensure rooms are functional/left in good condition.
- Support L&OE key systems as required including Huron’s intranet, performance management platform, the Development Portal, and Learning Management System (LMS), Huron University.
- LMS duties may include but are not limited to creating events and sessions, proxy enrollments, mastery of custom and standard reports, creating deep links and organizing content on an ad hoc basis, partner with the LMS Administrator to troubleshoot issues, take ownership, and stay current on vendor releases
- On-Demand Learning: Requires experience with or the ability to learn Huron’s content authoring tool, Articulate, to help create, review, and archive training courses
- Communication and Writing Skills
- IMPACTFUL Leadership Award
? Be able to draft communications for the CHRO
? Partner with offshore resources for survey creation, and follow up with nominees and winners.
? Create survey & follow up on nominations as needed
? Summarize nominations & review with CHRO
- Newsletters and Enterprise-wide Communications
? Be able to gather information and content from the L&OE team and draft communications regarding upcoming courses, changes to the LMS or other relevant information
? Responsible for sending Quarterly Newsletters
- Partner with LOE Director and HRBP on initiatives related to performance and development
- Engage in talent review process as needed: prep for meetings, and create 9-box’s with data provided by practice
- Manage competency model administration, update relevant documentations with up-to-date current competencies
- Design and create compelling resources and communications for performance & development
- Metrics - responsible for metrics related to work we do, analyzing, interpreting and presenting relevant metrics that will help drive decisions with the team.
- Vendor management support:
? Work closely with procurement and accounting to manage the vendor contract administration process from start to finish
? Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships
? Manage and track vendor budget and communicate any issues with leadership if they arise
- Partner with Huron Receptionist to manage conference room calendars and bookings for training spaces
- Change Leadership/Management as needed, begin to understand concepts and utilize methodology to help create communications, learning resources, etc. to assist with any change projects internally
- Oversee Tuition Reimbursement Program for corporate teams.
- 1 -3 years of knowledge of professional services environment, experience in a training and development required
- Bachelor degree required
- Meeting or event coordination, or training related experience strongly preferred
- Excel skills (ability to compile and analyze data)
- Experience working in diverse teams with various leadership styles and able to work well with others
- High level of client service focus and excellent customer centric mindset
- Solid attention to detail
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Understanding of the importance of logistics and an ability to offer up solutions and options to clients
- Creativity and flexibility
- Accountability for work, initiative, and proactive approach and ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Willingness to regularly work flexible hours to accommodate onsite meetings and programs
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace. Huron will consider qualified applications with criminal history in accordance with applicable laws.