Function: To provide inspiring leadership toward the achievement of the
organization’s mission, vision, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives.
Reports to: Board of Directors/CEO
- Support Board of Directors, serving as the primary communicator between the Board and the staff.
- Oversees the design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of all services and initiatives.
- Develops and recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization's resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations. Ensures tight financial controls are in place.
- Effectively manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
- Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders. Partners with other organizations to leverage efforts.
- Oversees fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
- Serves as an advocate for the needs of persons with Paruresis, including educating policy-makers regarding the challenges of living with Paruresis and the current regulatory environment that presents barriers to this population.
- Experience running a not-for-profit organization, preferably one with national scope.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with legislative advocacy.
- Program management experience.
- Strategic planning experience.
- Fund development experience.
- Understanding of budget process and monitoring.
- Understanding and/or experience working with people who have paruresis.
Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability or sexual orientation. The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers' Compensation Act.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off