Empowerment Academy Charter School is hiring Math Teachers! We are hiring for both our Middle School AND our High School. We have positions with an immediate vacancy AND we have positions for next year if you are looking for the 2023/2024 School Year. Apply today!
Certified teachers will be eligible for a $7,500 bonus!
Base Salary SY23: $64,000 - $84,000
Base Salary SY24: $66,000-86,000
Potential Earnings: $77,650 - $100,000 after Bonuses and Stipends.
WE VALUE OUR FACULTY
At Empowerment Academy, we emphasize teamwork and community and truly value our faculty:
- Evidencing this, compared to those with similar experience, OUR FACULTY MEMBERS ARE AMONG THE HIGHEST PAID IN NEW JERSEY;
- Moreover, we seek to achieve academic success without burning out teachers by meshing an effective education program with effective teacher supports and professional development.
Teachers at Empowerment Academy are part of a school-wide team. They receive career-long coaching and professional development support from school leaders; work with their peers in professional learning communities (PLCs) to plan lessons and solve problems; and partner with an array of specialists to meet scholars’ diverse needs.
Examples of such teacher supports include:
- Abundant planning periods during the school day;
- A research-based curriculum and supporting curricular materials;
- High-quality formative assessments, aligned with the curriculum, that help identify when students have not achieved mastery of a skill, concept, or knowledge item; and
- Full-time reading and math specialists who tutor students struggling to master an essential skill, and counselors and social workers who help students struggling with non-academic problems.
Candidates MUST either hold a New Jersey Department of Education CE, CEAS or Standard Certificate in Math, or hold Elementary Certification with a Middle School Math endorsement. If you are certified in another state, you may still apply while you are seeking reciprocity certification (which can be done on the NJ Department of Education website), but please flag this for us during your initial interview. Please do not apply if you are neither certified in New Jersey nor actively in process of obtaining certification.
Charter schools ARE public schools. Our teachers are part of the New Jersey Teachers’ Pension and Annuity Fund (TPAF), same as teachers at traditional public schools, and can transfer their pension credits from a traditional public school to our school and vice versa. Additional benefits include:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
As an equal opportunity employer, Empowerment Academy hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.