Domestic Violence Case Manager/Counselor
Purpose: To provide coordinated, comprehensive, and holistic direct services to domestic violence clients.
1) Responsible for intake assessment, development and implementation of a case plan based on identified need.
2) Responsible for appropriate system linkages and referrals to achieve client case plan.
3) Responsible for monitoring and tracking service utilization.
4) Responsible for evaluation of services and outcome measures.
5) Responsible for providing direct client services.
6) Responsible for hotline and on-call coverage.
7) Responsible for collection and maintenance of client records and service data.
8) Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor/Director of Social Justice Programming
Accountability: The Case Manager/Counselor is responsible to the Program Supervisor/Director of Social Justice Programming and the client population for the timely, professional and effective performance of all job duties.
1) Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field.
2) Experience in working individually with the identified client population or experience with a similar population that is transferable.
3) Ability to network with professionals within and outside of the Agency on behalf of clients.
4) Demonstrated sensitivity to women’s issues and victim / perpetrator issues.
5) Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and co-workers.
6) Valid NJ Driver’s License
Criteria for Accountability:
1) Assessment / development of case plan
- Provide phone intake / screening for individuals requesting Agency services.
- Schedule individuals for in-person screening session in conjunction with Clinical Counselor.
- Attend and actively participate in the development of team case plans utilizing intake / assessment data.
- Discuss, negotiate and finalize written case service plan and client agreement to include, but not limited to, short and long term goals, expected outcomes and time frames for achievement.
- Review interventions / outcomes and make recommendations for case plan revisions at regular case management meetings.
2) Linkage / Referral
- Secure and connect clients to identified resources and support services.
- Coordinate and ensure access to these services by advocating on client’s behalf and/or addressing any systemic barriers to service access.
- Provide ongoing counseling, information and emotional support to enhance client’s coping skills in effectively negotiating for needed resources.
3) Monitoring / Service Utilization Tracking
- Maintain contact with referral sources and follow up with appropriate client release forms to ensure that needed services are actually received.
- Provide support in dealing with client crisis situations and/or management of conflict with service providers.
- Assess need for change in existing case plan based on changing client need.
- Assess case progress and suitability of inter / intra-Agency services in affecting goal achievement.
- Complete necessary paperwork to maintain documentation of client progress and adherence to plan by all parties involved.
- Prepare / present 6-month reassessment reports on client / case progress.
4) Outcome Evaluation
- Assess progress of client to evaluate the impact and effectiveness of case plan interventions.
- Prepare written summary report(s) of service activities, outcomes, current client status and recommendations for case follow-up / termination.
5) Direct Service
- Provide appropriate level of counseling sessions in accordance with policy and procedures manual.
- Facilitate day and/or evening groups as designated
6) Hotline / On-call
- Provide hotline coverage, crisis intervention and intake as assigned.
- Provide information and referral services as needed.
- Available to cover Crisis Advocate calls in the community.
- Appropriate and accurate use and timely submission of all Agency management and client related forms.
- Professional maintenance of assigned client files subject to annual audit. c. Provide weekly service summary.
8) Other as assigned (to include, but not limited to):
- Attendance at Agency meetings as needed / required.
- Attendance at trainings as needed / required.
- Facilitation of community presentations as assigned.
- Professional representation of THE WOMEN’S CENTER within community forums as designated.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32,000.00 /year
- case management: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)