Cook and James, LLC is a law firm that specializes in real property transactions. We value our clients, our employees, and our earned reputation for being an outstanding firm to work both for and with.
The Contract Attorney conducts assigned residential closings in your selected area. You will be responsible for reviewing and approving document packages, ensuring a smooth closing process and delivering competency and happiness to the closing table.
You are a go-getter and enjoy the freedom of setting your own schedule and managing your own time. This is a perfect position for a candidate who has 3 years or more of experience at the closing table both in office and at remote locations. You are very knowledgeable in the end to end closing process, very detail and process oriented, and really enjoy working with diverse groups of people. You understand the importance of small conversation and making all parties during the closing feel comfortable and at home.
· Bringing happiness and competency to the closing table
· Closing document oversight and review
· Ability and means to travel to off-site closing location
· Maintain a working knowledge of compliance requirements affecting your position and area of responsibilities.
· Model and foster behaviors that support firm culture creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability and dedication to our clients, community and firm
· Active and valid Bar license in the state of your residence
· Must be a current Notary Public
· 3+ years closing residential loans
· Must have professional liability insurance
· Must have a flexible schedule.
· Must have reliable transportation.
· Must have a laser printer and ability to scan documents
· Engaging personality, exceptionally organized, can do attitude
· Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
· Can thrive in a fast paced, dynamic professional environment
· Travel to closing locations
· Commitment to personal integrity and doing things the right way
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- closing residential loans: 3 years (Required)
- Notary Public (Required)
- S.C. Bar (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote