- High School or equivalent diploma
- 2+ years’ experience in a retail or customer facing environment
- 1+ year of retail key holder experience with opening and closing responsibilities, or previous Amazon experience
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision
Amazon 4-Star Key Holder in Seattle WA
The pay rate for this role is $17.80 per hour
**We are hiring for a full time position, 30-40 hrs per week**
Join the Amazon team that launched Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star. We provide a unique extension of Amazon.com through a curated product selection, our associates’ ability to engage in impromptu conversation, and physical spaces designed for discovery and exploration. We are passionate about creating a shopping experience that customers love. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
As a Key Holder Associate you consistently uphold our high bar for customer and team satisfaction, regardless of the presence of another leader or a manager. You are a steward of the Amazon culture and enjoy your role as a reliable source of current product and process information. You relish the opportunity to talk with our customers and team about how our store works, our newest devices, and our thoughtfully curated selection of merchandise as an expert among your peers. You combine your authentic personal style with your deep knowledge of the store to create a memorable, tailor-made customer experience. You are a vital part of the store team, take great pride in maintaining the high standards of the store and model regular and punctual attendance. You have a curious mind and thrive on using it to contribute to a strong, diverse team by sharing your knowledge whenever possible. You are often called on as the floor lead, including open and close the store, train others, and willingly assist leaders with additional projects and tasks as necessary.
What You Do:
- Deliver excellent customer service acting with a customer-first mindset when answering customer questions
- Ask great questions to help identify customer needs and exercise great judgement in handling requests or difficult customer interactions
- Introduce customers to exciting Amazon products and services that facilitates discovery of anything Amazon has to offer including device demonstrations in a simple and accessible way
- Stay up to date on store standards, conduct audits on processes and inventory, and train others as appropriate.
- Follow merchandising guidelines from the central team, audit as needed, and collaborate with the store team to create an environment in which consumers are eager and excited to spend time
- Work in a team environment where it is critical to collaborate and share your knowledge with others, identifying areas for improvement and creating a fun atmosphere
- Maintain a key to the store and have floor leader responsibilities in the absence of manager or lead presence supporting a store environment support where all associates and customers are welcome
- Floor leader responsibilities include coaching, training, deploying labor, and ensuring the team takes required breaks and lunches.
- Open and close the store following the proper procedures and clarifying associate questions.
- When leading the floor, will serve as the escalation point to assist your associate peers in solving customer issues where appropriate
- Provide real time coaching and training in order to facilitate learning.
- Ensure that the store is safe, help clean the store, are diligent about keeping stations customer ready, and help rotate products on a regular basis
- Support your team by completing inventory management tasks by helping to receive, sort, stock, and stow products.
- Operate all of the systems, tools, and devices used within the store, including manning the point-of-sale (POS) station.
- Solve ambiguous problems and escalate when problems need to be solved immediately on behalf of the associate or customer
- Inform leadership team of issues and barriers as you see them.
- Perform additional duties as assigned work in a dynamic environment that is always to enhance the Amazon brand and exceed our customer expectations
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- You are comfortable working in a physical environment. You have the ability to lift up to 49 pounds and be on your feet for shifts lasting up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
- Prior experience working in Amazon Physical Stores
- 2+ years’ experience of retail key holder experience
- Strong understanding of Amazon devices and the Amazon services
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.