Mount Carmel Guild Behavioral Health System, a CARF accredited division of Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark, is a leading provider of mental health and addiction services in Northern New Jersey.
We are currently seeking two Full Time Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors for our PACT program located in Newark, NJ. (Agency Vehicles are used for travel. Travel for outreach will be done in pairs. Schedule: Monday – Friday, 9:00AM – 5:30PM or Tuesday – Saturday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM.)
PACT provides direct behavioral health and social service care to *severely and persistently mentally ill (SPMI)* patients who have failed in traditional outpatient treatment. The PACT model consists of psychiatrists, nurses, therapists, vocational specialists and substance abuse counselors conducting outreach to clients.
(The SPMI population are usually those diagnosed within the Schizophrenia, Bipolar, and/or Psychotic spectrums.)
Job Duties for Full Time Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor:
- Administer medication
- Record physician's orders
- Maintain medical records
- Educate staff and person served about co-morbidity
- Assist persons served in meeting concrete needs, which includes direct assistance with structuring and performing basic daily living activities
- Assess and document persons' served stated concerns, mental illness symptoms, and behavior in response to medication (monitor for medication side-effects during on-going face-to-face contacts).
- Support and help persons served establish positive social relationships and activities in the community setting.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of needs of persons served, which includes job-related interests and abilities based on a complete education and work history.
- Maintain individual medical records in an up-to-date organized manner that is consistent with agency policies and procedures, and in accordance with federal and state laws governing the disclosure of information and records of persons served.
- Assist persons served with regard to job-seeking skills, on-the-job assessment, and support so that persons served will acquire and maintain appropriate job skills.
- Provide work-related supportive services such as grooming and personal hygiene, appropriate clothing, and transportation.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities requested by the supervisor.
Requirements for Full Time Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in a behavioral science
- Valid driver's license
- 2 years post-bachelor’s experience with vocational assessment, job preparation
- 2 years of post-bachelor’s experience with job placement/job coaching with individuals with serious and persistent mental illness
Preferred education includes a Master’s Degree with a specialty in vocational rehabilitation counseling or other related area.
** Please indicate/specify on resume what populations you have worked with. Specify work with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness. **
Visit our website ccannj.com
- Please be advised that current employees applying to open positions within the Agency are required to fill out an Agency Internal Job Application Form which is available for download to all employees on HR's public folders in Outlook. Please forward the completed form to HR via email to the agency email address indicated at the end of the application form.
- Catholic Charities as a ministry of the Archdiocese of Newark, participates in the Church’s social mission by recognizing the inherent dignity and worth of all people, especially the poor, marginalized, and vulnerable, and by responding to the corporeal and material needs of those it serves with sincere Christian compassion. The activities of Catholic Charities are inspired and governed by its faith in Jesus Christ, the examples of Sacred Scripture, and the continuing exposition of Catholic social teaching. Through these activities, Catholic Charities strives to assist individuals in need, strengthen families, and to have those it serves experience the redemptive power of God’s mercy.
- CCAN offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package for employees. CCAN is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin/ancestry, citizenship status, disability, age, marital or family status, and military or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- job placement/job coaching work with SPMI individuals: 2 years (Preferred)
- post-bachelor's work in vocational rehab related setting: 2 years (Required)
- post-bachelor's job placement/job coaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- vocational assessment & job placement with SPMI Individuals: 2 years (Preferred)
- post-bachelor’s vocational assessment & job placement: 2 years (Preferred)
- Valid Driver's License (Required)