GET PAID TO LEARN A TRADE!
Via Satellite Inc is one of only 10 Regional Service Providers for DISH Network nationwide and operates in Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. We are currently accepting applications for our Service Technician training program.
Service Technicians are responsible for the installation and/or repair of equipment belonging to DISH, Samsung, Google, Nest and more, as well as working with the customer to ensure they have the most up to date products and services available in their homes. DISH provides us with the cutting-edge technology to keep our customers happy and up to date as we transfer into the age of the smart home.
While most service industries require lengthy apprenticeship programs or a 2-year certification, Via Satellite’s Service Technician program prepares you for a great career as a DISH technician in only four to five weeks! PAID TRAINING!
As a Via Satellite Service Technician, you will enjoy:
- Competitive Pay! An entry level tech will make $14 per hour! Average technicians are currently earning between $16.00 and $19.00. Exceptional techs are earning up to $32.00 per hour!
- Opportunity to gain valuable work skills - working with great companies like DISH, HughesNet, Samsung, Polk, Google, Nest among others.
- Opportunity for a take-home company vehicle
- Techs are routed from home – Why drive to the office every day when you could be out getting something done!
- Great Benefits! Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance, 401(k) with company match, Paid Time Off, Optional Legal Shield and AFLAC insurances.
- Discounted Mobile Device – We provide our techs with a discounted mobile device for use in the field.
Here is how it works:
First, meet the minimum requirements for the position
- 21 years of age or older (for commercial insurance purposes)
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record with no DUI’s, license suspensions, reckless driving, excessive speeding tickets, etc.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position – climb ladders, access crawl spaces and attics, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, squat, kneel, bend, crawl, and stand for long periods as needed.
- Enjoy working in an outdoor environment
- Be comfortable working one on one with customers!
- Be comfortable offering services and products to the customer!
- Be available to work weekends and holidays as needed
Second, familiarize yourself with what the job is.
What we do:
- Provide a highly sought-after workforce to major industry partners who need support for their customers in their homes.
- Service Technicians use web-based applications to receive work assignments for the day that they then carry out in the field.
- Our Service Technicians work with some of the latest consumer smart-home equipment and audio/visual systems the industry has to offer!
- Mounting antennas to rooftops, poles etc.
- Install cable lines inside walls, attics, crawl spaces, around homes and under trailers
- Program remotes and educate customers to use their system
- Up-sell Google Nest products among other offerings and services to provide a best in class audio-visual experience
- Self-manage inventory
- Self-monitor and improve performance metrics
Third, know what to expect during training. You earn $14.00 an hour to train!
Our training program consists of:
- 16 hours of initial classroom training - covering orientation, safety, and job preparedness
- Conducted at our Headquarters in Front Royal, VA
- Field Training will consist of approximately 120 to 160 hours of on the job training with a Field Coach/Senior Technician
- Conducted out of your home office area
- An additional 20 to 24 hours (3 days) of classroom/hands on training conducted throughout the training period
- Conducted at our Front Royal, VA or Salem, VA Training Centers (depending on availability)
Lastly, and most importantly, APPLY TODAY:
Fill out your application!
- After we receive your application, you will receive a call from our recruiting team to ask you a few quick questions and set up your interview!
- We understand everyone is busy and we would like to make the most of your time and ours. Complete your application today and get interviewed tomorrow! Time is the only thing we invest that we cannot get back!
- GET PAID TO LEARN A TRADE! Come join our team at Via as a Service Technician.
Referral bonus! Refer a friend and make up to $500!
Job Type: Full Time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Driver's License (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education