This is an opportunity to lead the vocational training department as part of the management team of an organization devoted to empowering individuals with disabilities to live more independent lives.
PACE Enterprises is constantly expanding our services, and needs a visionary to lead the training and employment programs. If identifying and transitioning those that can benefit from our services, marketing and developing our programs, and building a prepared workforce are your specialties, this opportunity will be of interest to you.
We’re seeking candidates who have successfully led a department, are skilled at managing internal and external relations, have impeccable integrity, and possess the business acumen necessary to compassionately manage superior IDD Waiver services and employment related services.
PACE Enterprises is a non-profit, vocational, rehabilitation center that is designed to provide and develop vocational opportunities for people with disabilities. It is licensed through the State of West Virginia as a Community Rehabilitation Program (CRP) and as a Behavioral Health Center.
Clientele of PACE are adults who have a mental, emotional, and/or physical disability. The center has served Monongalia, Marion, and Preston Counties for 48 years. The mission of PACE is to assist the individual with a disability to reach his or her desired level of vocational accomplishment and to afford varied opportunities for each person to enhance his or her quality of life.
PACE Enterprises has an operating budget of $6M, serves about 200 individuals with disabilities every year, and employs approximately 90 staff.
For additional information about PACE, please visit the PACE website.
POSITION DESCRIPTION, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Vocational Services provides the overall direction of the Vocational Training and Employment Programs, the IDD Waiver program, and directly supervises professionals and support staff. This position indirectly supervises all staff positions within the IDD Waiver Program and coordinates departmental activities with the needs of internal business operations.
This director’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Leading an effective department that supports the mission of the organization, overseeing the financial management of the training and placement programs, envisioning and participating in outreach activities, strengthening and increasing collaborative relationships and partnerships, representing the organization to the community and its constituencies, and guiding the design and evaluation of existing and new programs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develops short and long-term goals of the organization’s vocational training services by assessing the current interests of the stakeholders and recommending new programs and modifications to current programs.
- Analyze services to measure results, and to determine ways to increase revenue and reduce costs.
- Recruits program participants – works with agencies providing services to adults and teenagers with disabilities to develop multiple streams of participants for the Evaluation/Training/Employment programs.
- Promote the skills & abilities of people with disabilities through marketing activities.
- Develops best practices based on standards from AbilityOne, Workforce WV, and SourceAmerica to meet the employment needs of adults with severe disabilities.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies and guidelines for OFLAC and Waiver. This responsibility includes drafting and revising and implementing relevant policies.
- Refines processes and integrates new tools needed to improve Vocational Services functions
- Provides leadership, direction, and evaluation of the Vocational Services staff
PACE is seeking that unique individual who possesses compassion for the needs of adults with disabilities, as well as a strong professional management background. The successful candidate for this position must have:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, Master's Degree preferred
- 3 years professional experience in business administration, nonprofit management, or related field including experience as a decision maker for the organization
- Strategic thinking ability to envision a future direction and lead in developing new programs
- Impeccable communication skills across all platforms and mediums
- Exceptional leadership characteristics
- Proven abilities with networking and community collaboration
- Knowledge of Rehabilitation Services or Vocational Training programs desirable
- Preferred working knowledge of local, state, and federal laws regarding activities related to the operation of a Community Rehabilitation Program
- Preferred knowledge of disabilities and workforce implications, with a propensity to connect with adults having a range of learning, coping, and functional abilities
Competencies for Success
- Is trustworthy and has integrity, able to admit mistakes and work toward solutions
- Works to help others achieve their best, motivates and inspires the team to constantly strive for excellence
- Has strategic agility, plans for the future and anticipates problems
- Skilled at external relations with all publics, gains their trust and respect
- Able to step in at any level when needed to get the job done
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- IDD Waiver Program: 1 year (Preferred)
- supervisory: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply