Part time weekends and some holidays (see list below)
Must be able to work the follows days
Tuesday January 1, 2019 New Year's Day
Monday January 21, 2019 Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Monday February 18, 2019 President's Day
Monday May 27, 2019 Memorial Day
Thursday July 4, 2019 Independence Day
Monday September 2, 2019 Labor Day
Monday October 14, 2019 Columbus Day
Monday November 11, 2019 Veterans Day
Thursday November 28, 2019 Thanksgiving Day
Friday November 29, 2019 Thanksgiving Weekend
Wednesday December 25, 2019 Christmas Day
Program Director/Program Manager & Director of Nursing/ MD
Under the medical supervision of the program physician, the dispensing nurse is required to dispense methadone as ordered by the program physician. The dispensing nurse is responsible for maintaining accurate accounting of all methadone received (from supplier) and dispensed (to patient). He/She is responsible for safekeeping of all methadone stocks.
Duties and responsibilities
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms and changes in patients' conditions.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Consult and coordinate with clinical team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Follow dispensing protocols
- Follows security protocols for the storage and access to controlled medications.
- Follow and dispense strictly by physician’s orders.
- Maintain reports and log books in order.
- Maintain accurate accounting of all methadone received, and dispensed.
- Conduct daily, monthly, and Biannual Inventory.
- Ensure each patient’s file has an accounting of all medication dispensed, and an order reflecting all changes.
- Follows protocol for re-evaluating patients that have missed 3 or more days.
- Evaluates new and existing patients for any adverse effect to methadone or other MAT medications.
- Prepare all mandated reports, documentation, and other requirements, in a timely fashion.
- Assist in orientation of new colleagues and student supervision.
- Support facility-wide quality/performance improvement goals and objectives.
- Evaluates patients that appear under the influence.
- Follows protocol for Infection Control Practices
- Follows protocol for staff and patient emergencies
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Understand crisis management.
- Ability to deal with life threatening situations.
- Ability to maintain confidential record keeping practices.
- Emergency response skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate good decision making in dealing with safety issues and with aggressive and/or intoxicated clients, if required.
- Mediation and negotiations skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Effective verbal and listening skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Able to prepare reports.
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Valid LVN or RN license.
- Documentation of current CPR
- Maintain compliance with the requirements for continuing education hours and/or units (CEH or CEU) as determined by certification/licensing board.
Job Type: Part-time
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (Required)