United Way of Connecticut is based in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. We are conveniently situated right off of I-91, and are close to many shopping plazas, restaurants and public transit.
Every hour of every day, people in Connecticut turn to United Way of Connecticut for help. We help people find and access the health and human services they need, including food, shelter, and other basic needs. We respond in the event of weather emergencies, natural disasters and family and personal crises of any kind. We assist parents and caregivers with finding the best child care for their family. If you’re an individual who wants to make a difference in the communities we serve, we have 2-1-1 Contact Center Specialist positions open on our Health & Human Services team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
2-1-1 Contact Center Specialists are highly trained professionals who assess callers' needs and provide referrals to community resources. 2-1-1 is available 24 hours a day every day of the year. Using a proprietary and comprehensive database of CT social services, 2-1-1 Contact Center Specialists address callers' needs ranging from general information to cases of complex social problems such as financial problems, housing, substance abuse, crisis intervention and suicide prevention.
Various shifts available
The Pay & Benefits:
- Sunday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Full-Time)
- Sunday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Full-Time)
- Tuesday through Saturday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Full-Time)
- Tuesday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Full-Time)
- Tuesday through Saturday, 11:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (Full-Time)
- Tuesday through Saturday, 12:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (Full-Time)
Competitive $19.00 per hour pay rate PLUS shift differential;
This position is Job Grade:
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution (approximately $3,100 annually).
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Generous health benefits including 80% coverage of your medical plan deductible for all full-time positions.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, counseling or related field plus one year’s human services experience preferred, or Associate’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling or related field plus three years’ experience in human services required. Internship and volunteer experience is considered.
- Ability to handle a high call volume in a fast-paced contact center environment.
- Ability to meet key performance metrics.
- Must be willing and able to report to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to work additional hours off-shift, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- After one year of employment, achieves certification as an Information and Referral Specialist.
- Bilingual English/Spanish and call center experience desired.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the UWC Mission.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS October 5, 2019
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.