AWS Finance seeks a Finance Analyst to support the Regional Expansion team within AWS Finance. Regional Expansion team is responsible for financial analysis required to support business decisions to roll out AWS Services in new geographies. This position will work closely with senior finance management and key business partners across the AWS organization to drive thoughtful planning, analysis, decision support, and controllership for the AWS Services’ business, with specific responsibility for Regional Pricing Models, in addition to driving P&L management. The position will be responsible for all pricing analysis for regions and ongoing pricing decisions for existing services. The role entails creating business reports, analyzing trends, and forecasting to support business decisions for existing and new AWS regions. This position will require working closely with finance management as well as key business partners across the AWS organization, including product managers, engineering leaders, sales and business development leadership. He/she will implement and drive the core financial processes for the business including. The finance leader will lead all the usage and revenue planning, financial reporting and economic modelling for region launches.
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills.
The successful candidate must be able to think strategically, perform dive deep analytics and communicate effectively to senior management.
- Build out and enhance P&L models for regions, develop business insights and KPI dashboards, and lead ad hoc analyses.
- Partner with Amazon Regional Expansion business development and sales management leadership team to develop a strategic roadmap for pricing and revenue growth
- Create, maintain and improve profitability and management reporting for all Regions.
- Drive the financial planning / budgeting process for Region expansion
- Analyze new business ideas, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change.
- Build and enhance financial models used to forecast and report the company’s revenue and other key business metrics.
- Lead key analytical projects that assist and influence the business.
- Support the Region P&Ls and influence business decisions that drive revenue and/or capital expenditures
- Develop plans and operational strategies for new initiatives to drive adoption in regions
- Perform cannibalization analysis
- Provide deep analytics and communicate effectively to senior business team leader
- BA/BS degree in business, finance or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant finance experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- MBA preferred
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Strong track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines
- Strong track record of business partnership
- P&L management and/or analysis experience
- The ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment with competing deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment
- Experience with cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, Cognos or Essbase)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation