Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, Systems Engineering, Launch and Operations Department is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to support a key program team. Position reports to the Launch and Operations Department Functional Manager. Key responsibilities include performance of all administrative and support functions for the Assistant Project Manager (APM), Sub-Project Managers (SPM), and a diverse set of engineering and support staff. This includes senior engineers and technical leads, junior engineers, technical support consultants, and technician level team members; a team of 20 or more individuals.
The successful candidate will be a vital member of the team and performs in an administrative role, which involves daily contact with program leadership, customer representatives and engineers, and exposure to restricted program information, technical data, and activities.
The position requires a self-motivated professional who is skilled in a full range of administrative support functions; including answering phones, making proper referrals, transferring engineering data and reports, ordering supplies, coordinating security related functions, domestic and international travel arrangements, filing expense reports, coordinating meetings, managing/coordinating guests, supporting the program group's day-to-day administrative needs including facility requirements, and coordinating the new employees' onboarding process.
The chosen candidate will:
- Ensure the flow of quality written and oral communication both internally and externally to the organization
- Exercise decision making skills using professional judgment and tactful implementation
- Handle multiple tasks and situations simultaneously and prioritize requirements accordingly
- Demonstrate organizational skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple activities, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate ability to complete assignments to a very high-standard regardless of challenges encountered
- Demonstrate dependability, accuracy, efficiency, and punctuality
The candidate should have a demonstrated ability and desire to work in a fast paced, changing, and diverse environment. A positive can-do, self-directed, cooperative attitude is essential. Computer skills should be at a level to allow the candidate to support the group with minimal direction. Computer based administrative responsibilities include: calendar management, meeting organization, travel arrangement and meeting planning, travel expense report generation and closeout, briefing package coordination/preparation, visitor coordination and arrangements, visitor liaison, and general office management tasks.
Position requires a positive team player who is flexible in attitude and dedication, with the experience and ability to effectively interface with all levels of Northrop Grumman leadership and support organizations, and customer management.
Position will require some overtime.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 6 years of administrative experience supporting multiple managers in a fast paced environment.
- Must be an intermediate user using Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Internet Explorer
Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
Selected person must be:
- SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years OR
- Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced, changing, and diverse environment.
- Have experience and ability to effectively interface with all levels of Northrop Grumman leadership and support organizations, and customer management.
- Able to work some required overtime.
- Proficiency in Concur, SharePoint, and eRoom.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and focus on customer satisfaction
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.