Maintenance Technician II
UG2 - New York, NY
As a member of the company’s Facilities team, the Facility Technician will be responsible for providing field level technical expertise and program management for the maintenance and operation of the site infrastructure and base building support systems in a 24/7 environment. Properties include both Class A commercial and residential Development and Disability properties
- Traveling technician may cover the Bronx, Queens, northern parts of Manhattan, Rockland &/or Westchester Counties
- Advise the Facility Manager in the development and supervision of the facility maintenance program and equipment/system operation.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and experience in mechanical and electrical support systems to include power distribution systems, emergency power, HVAC, heat rejection systems, and fire alarm and suppression systems.
- Technical point of contact concerning the maintenance, troubleshooting, and operation of infrastructure systems.
- With the approval of the Facilities Management, develop and implement new maintenance standards, as well as work to improve existing standards to support site operations.
- Supervise and critique work performance by subcontractors to ensure adherence to standards, schedules and specifications. This includes any third party contract hires to support data center and base building infrastructure.
- Assist Facility Manager with the database management of maintenance discrepancies and work with Operations management to resolve site issues based on agreed upon priorities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Incumbent must be able to demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical support systems. Technical experience is preferred over management skills.
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems to include:
- Knowledge of proper PPE, Lock-Out Tag-Out, Right to Know, Electrical Safety
- Basic electrical (i.e. wiring, receptacle, switches, ballast) up to 440 V
- Understanding of commercial boiler, hot water, HVAC, a/c systems including chiller & cooling tower operation and chemical treatment
- Working knowledge of plumbing and gas systems (i.e. faucets, shower valves, toilets, soldering/brazing pipe)
- Ability to use test equipment such as power quality meters, multi-meters, and other test equipment to evaluate and troubleshoot equipment operation.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced 24/7 environment.
- Strong communication skills & experience with computerized maintenance management systems.
- Schedule flexibility with ability to work on-call and non-standard business hours.
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and accountability.
- Candidate must have ability work independently when appropriate and follow all escalation procedures in regard to critical failures.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- An HVAC of relevant maintenance certification is strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in the operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of mechanical and/or electrical support systems.
- A NY State driver’s license is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand 2/3 – 3/3 of the time
- Ability to walk 1/3 – 2/3 of the time
- Ability to sit 1/3 – 2/3 of the time
- Ability to climb and balance 1/3 – 2/3 of the time
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl 1/3 – 2/3 of the time
- Ability to reach with hands & arms 1/3 – 2/3 of the time
- Ability to smell, talk & hear
- Ability to use hands to type, handle & feel
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to see at close and distance ranges and the ability to see color
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds 1/3 of the time
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- maintenance of mechanical and/or electrical systems: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- NY State Driver's License
Pay Rate: $18-$22
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- electrical: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement plan
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply