Job Title: Network Engineer
Department: Network Operations
Reports To : Chief Technical Officer
Date Prepared: May 2 , 2018
The Network Engineer is responsible for ensuring the maximum possible service availability and performance for Wytec International, Inc.’s customer facing IP services and internal network. The network teams are responsible for managing and maintaining the network providing these services. The Network Engineer will have the aptitude and demonstrable skills needed to fulfill this role.
We interact with Technical Support, Managed Support, Service Provisioning and Sales teams so it's important the Network Engineer be able to communicate ideas and information to people from a non-technical background. We also work very closely with the Design and Engineering teams requiring an in-depth understanding of networks and systems.
Essentil Duties and Responsibilities:
- On call 24x7 to assist in critical impact scenarios.
- Responsible for day-to-day administration, configuration, and monitoring of network connectivity and related systems.
- Must ensure all Internet connectivity and related equipment are operating efficiently and that all related SLA’s meet and/or exceeds contractual obligations.
- Coordinate activities with appropriate Information Technology (IT) staff, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and other staff as necessary.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of networking.
- Support the data and voice network.
- Respond to and resolve network outages promptly.
- Work directly with upstream network providers in ordering, provisioning, and troubleshooting the voice/data environment.
- Support internal telephony clients, servers, and applications.
- Administer, configure, and perform maintenance on security devices including firewalls and network authentication services.
- Must have experience configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining site-to-site VPN tunnels.
- Administer, configure, and perform maintenance on network switches, routers, wireless access points, G.fast equipment, and other devices as necessary.
- Must have experience configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Must have experience with 4G LTE network failover technologies.
- Must have experience with Cisco Catalyst switch hardware
- Must have experience with Cisco routing hardware
- Serves as an in-house technical resource within areas of expertise.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Computer hardware, software, operating systems and peripherals
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Policies and procedures involved in each Division’s operation.
- Standard testing procedures
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Plan and organize work.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Work as a team member when required.
- Meet stringent schedules and time lines.
- Manage corporate and project resources effectively.
- Work successfully in a fast-paced environment on multiple project priorities.
- Exhibit flexibility with work hours during software testing, maintenance and implementation.
- Travel on demand or as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor or Associate degree in Computer Science, closely related field or applicable experience required. Plus a minimum of 4 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Understanding of firewall, routing, and switching technology required. Cisco certifications preferred.
Job Type: Full-time