MCPc is a technology logistics company that helps clients empower their employees to work from anywhere and on any device through innovative end point computing architectures.
The company’s heritage as a top 100 solution integrator and unique anyplace workspace ideology has positioned it to become a thought leader in the rapidly expanding next generation Internet of Things (IoT) marketplace.
As customers continue to expand their use of connected devices, MCPc will also continue to deploy and develop enhanced services around managing the intelligent device life-cycle in a proactive and efficient fashion. Headquartered in Cleveland and with branch locations across the Midwest, MCPc provides custom solutions for the three biggest issues facing customers today: Logistics, the Secured Client and Workspace Transformation. These three offerings make up the core of the Anyplace Workspace ®, our answer to the Internet of Things and PC-as-a-Service.
MCPc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, focused on recruiting and retaining top talent at every level. We employ premier associates in the industry who deliver value and support to our growing customer base. In order to ensure MCPc is holding itself to the highest level of security, as a trusted and premier endpoint solutions provider, all new employees must undergo our standard background check and drug screen test for pre-employment purposes.
As a NorthCoast 99 winner for 8 consecutive years, MCPc is consistently recognized as one of Northeast Ohio’s best places to work. MCPc offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes optional Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, 401k, Voluntary Life Insurance (for you and your family), Group Accident and Critical Illness Insurances as well as company-paid Life and Long Term Disability Insurances. We also offer Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, a Wellness Program and other perks to take advantage of through our strategic partnerships!
MCPc’s Infrastructure Support Specialist are focused on the ongoing and continuous operation of the client environments entrusted to MCPc’s Managed Services organization. The team is comprised of well-rounded, highly trained and certified engineers with expertise in data center and infrastructure technologies including Microsoft servers and domains, virtualization (VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft Hypervisor), networking, security, and storage. Each Managed Service account is assigned a primary Managed Services Engineer to oversee and own all technical aspects of the environment.
Overall Responsibility/Primary Objective of the Position
The Managed Services Engineer will act as the primary technical account manager for assigned managed service client environments. They will work in coordination with the MCPc’s Network/Security Operations Center, Client On-Premise Support Technicians, and other teams to deliver managed service offerings to our clients that exceed expectations. They will need to possess strong technical troubleshooting skills and communications skills to work with customers of varying technical skills and understanding. When necessary, they will work with onsite resources to resolve issues and coordinate efforts
- Act as the lead technical resources for the managed services accounts assigned
- Ensure that the environment is properly documented and all MCPc knowledge management systems are up to date
- Provide tier 3 escalation assistance for client incidents
- Create preventative maintenance prescriptions with detailed instructions that tier 1 and tier 2 representatives in the Network/Security Operations Center can reliably execute
- Work with Tier 1 & Tier 2 engineers to identify and resolve ongoing problems or potential problems
- Ensure proper installation and configuration of the monitoring and management tools necessary to properly care for the client environments
- Perform capacity and performance planning for client environments
- Evaluate and schedule appropriate response to schedule outage notifications
- Coordinate and manage upgrades and changes within the environment
- Root cause analysis of service outages
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours and weekend support
Skills and Attributes Required
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Proven technical expertise in Microsoft server technologies
- Proven technical expertise in server virtualization technologies (Microsoft Hypervisor, VMware, Citrix)
- Strong understanding of networking in a heterogeneous environment; Cisco networking experience preferred
- Must possess excellent communication skills and a passion for customer service
- Strong ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to end users and management
- Business professionalism
- Self-motivated and the ability to manage multiple priorities along with a strong work ethic required
- Strong project and time management skills
- 5-10 years working with Microsoft centric solutions
- Experience with the following Microsoft technologies:
- Microsoft Server operating systems (all versions thru Server 2012)
- Active Directory
- Exchange and Office 365
- Microsoft Server patch management methodologies
- Certifications from Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, and Cisco strongly desired
- ConnectWise, N-able, Auvik, and IT Glue experience strongly desired
- 4-Year degree desired