Be involved in projects with our California High Speed Rail Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Condemnation Coordinator / Project Analyst for our Sacramento, CA office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides project coordination, document management, data management and administrative support the Condemnation manager and ROW Task Manager
- Prepares monthly Resolution of Necessity (RON) justification paragraphs for PWB meetings and coordinates preparation and performs quality control of suit package for transmittal to Caltrans legal
- Manages data within Condemnation database and case management reports
- Prepares condemnation status reports for Condemnation team and Department of Finance
- Reviews condemnation status reports and follows up to obtains status of Order of Possessions, Order of Possession hearings, and Order of Possession motions
- Communicates with Caltrans attorneys for status update of parcels in condemnation and updates ROW database
- Tracks status of condemnation deposits and updates Interest Calculator
- Monitors status of Judgments and ensures proper reporting of amounts and tracking within ROW database
- Prepares monthly RON status report for Department of Finance
- Prepares ad-hoc reports and performs research related to suits
- Coordinates and tracks expert witness contracts
- Performs QC of all data related to condemnation
- Supports High-Speed Rail directors, managers and Right of Way delivery by providing data management, reports and analytical support
- Assists with ROW delivery systems and data management, QC and integration with other project systems and functional teams
- Reviews appraisal maps and design drawings and manages data related to construction locations, structures and priorities within ROW database
- Reviews and analyzes ROW data and prepares reports and charts on status of ROW delivery
- Serve as the critical parcels analyst and coordinator for all construction packages
- Tracks parcels requiring utility relocation on the critical path, action items, and status of ROW requirements.
- Conducts research on status of design, environmental clearance, ROW acquisition, pre-construction requirements to identify critical path
- Coordinates with ROW management, design and construction engineers, task managers, and PCMs to identify critical parcels
- Prepares reports to monitor status of delivery and coordinates development of mapping and exhibits
- Manages data relating to critical parcels in the ROW database and related systems.
- Other analyst duties as assigned
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
Principles, practices, and processes of Right -of-Way
Condemnation process and documentation; online court docket case search and other search tools
Appraisal maps and how to read them
Design plans and how to read them
Project Management principles and how to apply them
Data management, document management, data analysis/QC and reporting
Reason logically and creatively and utilize a variety of analytical techniques to resolve complex assignments
Develop and evaluate alternatives
Gather, analyze and interpret data and present ideas and information effectively both orally and in writing
To reason basically and creatively;
Develop formats to present and display Right of Way data and information
Develop charts and graphs
Use a variety of analytical techniques
Verify data used across multiple platforms and reports for consistency and accuracy
At least two years’ experience in Real Estate or Right-of-Way, including project coordination, document management, database support and project analyst work
Knowledge of and experience with ROW processes and documents, real estate research, title research, and analytical techniques
Proficiency and knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
Demonstrate familiarity and ability to work with databases
Ability to create database spreadsheets, graphs, charts and reports
Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and staff orally, in writing, and with visual aids
Civil Engineering or Right-of-Way background
About WSP USA
WSP USA (formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff) is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started?
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender/ Minority/ Female/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The selected candidate must have the ability to work in the United States immediately.