Mid/Senior Level Compositors
Local Hero is a Post-production, VFX and DI/Final Color company located in Santa Monica, CA. We are currently looking for Freelance Mid- and Senior-level After Effects compositors for an project starting immediately, with an opportunity for longer-term employment upon completion of the project.
Qualified candidates must be capable of completing photo-realistic 2D composites at a feature film level and must work well in a fast-paced team environment. You must be immediately available and able to work at our Santa Monica office (no remote work). Must have a flexible schedule, especially around deadlines.
- Seamlessly composite 2D and live action elements in a photo-realistic environment at a feature film quality level
- General compositing responsibilities, including keying, tracking, paint/clean-up, color grading, rotoscoping, look development and shot finaling
- Determining shot methodology and coming up with creative approaches to artistic and technical problems
- Taking both verbal and written direction from VFX Supervisor and Producers and finalizing shots at the required level of quality
- Communicating with VFX Supervisor and other team members in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- 3+ years experience in feature film and/or high-end television visual effects and post production.
- Proficiency in Nuke and/or After Effects, including compositing, tracking, keying, paint and rotoscoping.
- Ability to create seamless, photo-realistic composites with various 2D elements and live-action plates.
- Firm understanding of color space and LUTs
- Strong eye for detail, color and composition.
- Experience and understanding of feature film post-production pipelines
- Must be a team player with good communication skills
- Must have thorough knowledge of various digital imaging file and data formats.
- Ability to see detailed imaging issues or technical problems.
- Ability to take direction, notes and critiques from VFX Supervisors and Producers
- Ability to take a shot to final completion, either alone or with the team
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and come up with creative solutions
- A “can-do” attitude and willingness to exceed expectations
- Adaptable to change, reliable and dependable.
- Resourceful and flexible with sound judgment and integrity.
- Must be available to work in our Santa Monica office and have a flexible schedule (No remote work).
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Fusion, Mocha, PFTrack
- Understanding/experience in Nuke 3D environment and projection mapping
- Experience with multi-pass 3D renders and photo-realistic integration of rendered 3D elements
- Experience in Maya or similar 3D packages
- Experience with particle systems & FX simulations (fluids, fire, smoke, etc.)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and editing packages (AVID, Final Cut, Premiere, etc.)
- Experience/Familiarity with DaVinci Resolve or Assimilate Scratch
- Strong eye for color and understanding of color theory
- Knowledge of film and color science.
Please email resumes, cover letters and links to demo reels to: jobs @ localheropost.com
Job Type: Contract