Senior Network Administrator
Location: Downtown Austin, TX
Maxwell Locke & Ritter LLP, the largest locally owned and managed accounting firm in the greater Austin area, known for the exceptional work-life balance offered to its employees, is seeking experienced IT talent.
The vision of Maxwell Locke & Ritter’s IT department is to provide world-class support of the business processes of Maxwell Locke & Ritter through innovation, strategic vision, training, proactive and reactive user support, efficient and reliable network systems, access to data and programs from anywhere on any device at any time, protection of the confidentiality, integrity and availability of firm information, maintenance of IT systems at peak efficiency, and friendly and professional interaction with all firm personnel.
As a member of a small, but elite IT team, the senior network administrator’s primary focus will be managing the virtualized server infrastructure and the design and maintenance of overall network topology. This position will also play a large role in supporting firm personnel. The ideal candidate has excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network and system administration with a strong focus on security and data protection.
Highly regarded in the Austin community and the accounting industry at large, the firm has received numerous prestigious awards, including the "#1 Best Mid-sized Firm to Work For” in the nation by Accounting Today in 2019.
Additional awards received within the last three years include:
- “Best Accounting Firms to Work For”
- "Best Accounting Firms for Women”
- “Top 100 Regional Leaders”
- “Beyond the Top 100: Firms to Watch”
Inside Public Accounting
- “Best of the Best Firms”
- “Top 200 Firms”
- “200 Fastest Growing Firms”
- “America’s Top Recommended Tax and Accounting Firms”
Austin Business Journal
- "Healthiest Employers in Central Texas”
American Heart Association
- "Fit-Friendly Workplace – Gold Award”
Check out the firm’s Instagram (@maxlocrit) to get a better idea of the day-to-day workplace culture.
Maxwell Locke & Ritter LLP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Benefits Include: 22 days paid time off (increases with firm tenure) plus eight paid holidays and two floating holidays, continuing professional education, 401(k) plan including profit sharing contribution, annual bonus through profit sharing plan, medical insurance, cafeteria plan including medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, dental insurance, vision insurance, term-life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee assistance program, paid parental leave and paid bereavement leave.
(Employees must work a minimum of 30 hours a week to be eligible for the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Limited Purpose Medical Flexible Spending Account, Full Medical Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Term Life and AD&D, Long-term Disability and Employee Assistance Program.)
Other Perks Include: Family friendly and flexible work environment, firm-wide wellness program and onsite gym access at Frost Bank Tower, discounted monthly parking or commuter pass, complimentary in-office massages during busy season, formal coaching program, firm-wide community service activities, regular firm socials and team-building activities and much more!
- Minimum of 7 years of IT experience as a network or systems administrator
- Solid background in VMware’s vSphere architecture
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and Group Policy
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 platforms
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (SonicWALL, Dell, Citrix, Cisco)
- Solid understanding of access control models and network security
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring, and analysis tools
- Experience delivering end-user training and documentation
- Experience with CCH Axcess or ProSystems software suites
- Experience with managing Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop environments
- Ability to work from 7:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. is a plus, but not required
More About Maxwell Locke & Ritter LLP
Being a great place to work, where our employees reach their full potential and provide exceptional service to our clients and the community, is a key part of our business vision. Consequently, we have an exceptionally low turnover rate. This benefits our clients by allowing them to develop trusting, longstanding relationships with our experienced accountants. When they request our tax services and other specialties, our clients become an important part of our family, and we become a dependable financial advisor to theirs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance