Pay starts at $16.50/h
Love working with kids and can swim well? Join us as a swim instructor in Newark and help save little lives! It's a job with a true purpose and meaning!
If your current job offers you:
- unfulfilling work
- disrespectful managers
- broken promises
- toxic coworkers
- unfair pay
we have good news! You can escape all this by joining our team at British Swim School, where we help kids and adults become water-safe!
Here is why our employees enjoy working here:
✅ They feel that their work matters and they see the big difference they make in kids' lives every day
✅ They feel valued and appreciated as employees, and treated with respect by management
✅ They are fairly compensated for the work they do
✅ They are surrounded by awesome colleagues and kids all day, which make work fun
✅ They can perform their best because they can be their true self in a safe environment
✅ They feel we are like a second family and enjoy coming to work
So what are you waiting for, come be a part of the BSS family - it will be the best decision you can make. Good life begins with a good company!
REQUIREMENTS FOR SWIM INSTRUCTORS
As a swim instructor, you will teach students of all ages in accordance with the British Swim School aquatics program. Even if you are not an aquatics expert, that’s ok! We will train anyone on how to teach the way we teach, but here is what we do need from you:
- You need to be a “swimmer”. Ideally, you have an understanding of all four strokes and an overall appreciation for the water
- You've got to love working with children and seeing them progress
- You need to be upbeat and ready to enjoy having fun at work. Having fun is mandatory!
- This is a year-round indoor position, and we are looking for longer-term employees. This is not a summer job
- Weekend Shifts available from 8:30am-2pm or
- Weekday Shifts available from 3:30pm-8:30pm
- You need to be able to reliably commute to our pool location at the Home2 Suites Hotel at 620 Route 1/9 S at the Airport. Please note there is no public transportation close by.
- You need to be vaccinated
COMPENSATION AND REWARDS
- Pay starts at $16.50/hr
- Structured, paid training (we pay for your lifeguard certification)
- A position filled with purpose and fun
- A dynamic and rewarding mission-based corporate culture
- Free Employee Assistance Program for expert support with mental, financial, family or other challenges.
- Opportunities for internal advancement
- Flexible schedules - shifts are 5- 6 hours; easy to schedule around school or other jobs
BRITISH SWIM SCHOOL is dedicated to ensure that every person, regardless of age or ability, has the opportunity to become a safe and happy swimmer in the water, and we will not stop until accidental drowning amongst children is history.
Across 26 states and Canada, we work every day, for every child and adult who cannot swim. To prevent drownings. To save their lives. And we don't give up on anyone.
Check out @britishswimschoolhudsonwf\_nj on Instagram to see some of our happy students and your future colleagues at work!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.50 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Masks and Shields for Staff and Customers
- We require our staff to get vaccinated against Covid-19. Is that ok with you?
- Are you able to regularly and reliably commute to the Home2 Suites Hotel on Route 1/9 at the airport?
- Are you looking for a job that is long term through fall and winter ( answer “long”) or only for the summer break ( answer “break”)?
- Which one of the following stokes can you swim: Freestyle, Breaststroke, Backstroke, Butterfly? You must answer this question to be considered!
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location