Responsible for capital adequacy reporting and all aspects of regulatory reporting. Provides required reporting to applicable regulatory bodies, and regulatory information for inclusion in board reports, news releases, and public financial reporting. Advises business units on regulatory implications of proposed transactions. Works with regulators to influence future regulatory developments and interpretations. Full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques. Provides resolutions to an assortment of problems. Works under normal supervision. Follows established directions. Work is reviewed for accuracy of technical analysis and overall adequacy. Primarily intra-organizational with occasional inter-organizational and external customer contacts on routine matters. College Degree or equivalent experience; work towards advanced studies/degree preferred. Typically has 2 - 4 years related experience.
- Provide FHFA with significant amounts of loan level data utilizing the Mortgage Loan Integrated System (MLIS) and the National Mortgage Database (NMDB)
- Support updates and modifications to MLIS and NMDB; including researching issues, proposing solutions to data quality issues, writing requirements, and performing testing
- Conduct data analysis to ensure activities and data are presented appropriately
- Develop and maintain documentation involving Regulatory Reporting’s processes and controls
- Review policies and new business initiatives to determine impacts to Regulatory Reporting
- Support enhancement efforts to ensure and/or improve data integrity, accuracy, and process efficiency
- Maintain effective relationships with Information Technology, Change Management, data providers and FHFA
- 2 - 4 years of relevant work experience
- BS in Business Information Systems, Finance, Statistics, or related discipline
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and data mining skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment, while taking ownership for individual assignments.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with the following applications: Access, Excel, SQL
- Hands-on experience with SAS
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.