UCT is seeking a Planning Manager to join our team in Hayward, CA! This role defines production tasks and schedules according to customer orders and inventory requirements. They coordinate with Managers to enable planning and implementation of engineering changes in production lines, develop and maintain routine reporting processes for relevant KPIs. This role also partners with the demand planners to align long-term supply, incorporating internal and co-manufacturing capabilities. The goal is to cost-effectively ensure high levels of customer service while optimizing production capacity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and schedule production for make to stock and make to order for products in a capacity-constrained environment
- Develop production and material schedules that support strategies for sales, inventory levels, and capacity utilization
- Analyze production priorities, capacity, and availability of equipment/labor/materials while maximizing output
- Set direction and design processes for use of MRP functionality to drive efficiency within production environment
- Maintain item inventory strategy based on business criticality, forecast accuracy, required service level (availability), safety stock and planning BOMs
- Configure and maintain planning parameters within MRP system to create optimized schedules
- Develop Monthly Master Production Schedule to establish lead-time for all products with detail as needed based on customer requirements while maintaining efficiency within each department.
- Analyze and identify risks associated with the options built into the Master Production Plan, including manufacturing lead times.
- Create daily Production Schedule to meet demand and maintain efficiency within each department. Responsible for ongoing development of production and material schedules and priorities that support strategies for Sales, inventory levels and availability of equipment/labor/materials capacity utilization.
- Analyze and highlight the overall schedule impact of any variance/change order
- Maintain finished goods inventory for designated products at target levels to ensure high service levels, i.e. product availability
- Plan, improve and measure fill rate and service levels for internal and external customers
- Ensure coordination with Operations to execute Production Plan on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Communicate schedule changes, maintenance requirements, etc. that affect future production plans to supply chain and operations partners
- Interact daily with shop floor management to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies or additional information as requested from Manufacturing, Customer Service and Accounting.
- Work with operations management to ensure proper balance of service, inventory, and costs on the produced items
- Create an environment of one team within the planning and materials groups
- Train team members to be fully competent and effective with the current and new planning tools
- Perform gap analysis within planning team and develop appropriate training plans
- Develop succession plans for the planning department
- Utilize the ERP system to streamline and automate the scheduling process.
- Track actual versus planned performance reporting. Understand explanations of failures to execute production plan. Determine if and what action is required to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicate schedule changes, special production runs, and maintenance requirements, etc. that affect future production plans to operational teams.
- Drive planning and capacity management process improvements
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; engineering BOM reading skills.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with internal customers/suppliers.
- Owns and continually improves the Dept./Operations schedule and capacity tools.
- Ensures employees have clear goals, expectations and provides ongoing employee performance and development consistent with business objectives.
- Gains agreement from fellow Senior and Executive Managers to support ideas and uses sound rationale to explain value of actions.
- Strong PC skills to include Microsoft Office software suites.
- Meeting management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP applications, SAP preferred
- BA/BS degree in business administration, operations management, or equivalent.
- CPIM certification a plus
- 10+ years planning/production scheduling experience with working knowledge of quick-turn, low volume, engineer-to-order production environment.
- 5+ years of experience leading
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment
- Work may require the ability to lift 10-20 pounds infrequently
- Ability to stand for sustained periods of time.
Ability to move arms, hands and fingers.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Ability to lift over 25 lbs. with assistance
- Ability to sit for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to Talk on the phone and use a computer for extended periods of time may be required.
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
Required to wear personal protective equipment where applicable.
- May involve exposure to moderate noise levels from printers, faxes, computer etc.
- Work may require out of town travel depending upon assignment (training and meeting).
UCT offers an excellent benefits package to all full-time employees which includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid time off.
UCT is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Planning: 10 years (Preferred)
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?