This position will work with the Budget team of WCHCC which includes multiple hospitals, physician groups and other affiliated entities in preparing the annual budget. In addition, throughout the year the Budget Analyst will monitor expenses for departments within the organizations and prepare various reports to analyze budget variances, communicate the results of analysis, work to help resolve any budget discrepancies and develop short term and long term projections.
- Work with the Finance Team and Performance Management to develop the organization's annual budget.
- Work with the Budget team to identify enhancements to the budget model.
- Assist with maintaining the budget calendar and informing departmental managers of due dates for budget submission.
- Assist department managers in entering their budget submissions.
- Review managers' budget proposals for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with hospital policies.
- Work with Performance Management to develop a capital budget.
- Monitor and report on the capital budget throughout the year and notify management of potential areas of concern.
- Prepare reports for department heads detailing variances from budget in excess of a certain amount and project variances for the remainder of the year.
- Monitor compliance with the budget through review of contracts and detailed general ledger analysis.
- Assist in preparing monthly metric reports to be used by departments.
- Assist in the month end closing process through general ledger review and the preparation of required journal entries and supporting schedules.
All Salary and Benefit analysis as compared to Budget
All high level OTPS analysis as compared to Budget
Collaborative mindset and excels at working with a diverse team, being able to consider differing views and approaches and articulating the pros and/cons of each.
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively even when relating complex information.
Provides well-written documentation to support positions, journal entries or adjustments.
Strong analytical and quantitative competencies, with exceptional electronic spreadsheet construction skills including advanced Excel.
Gathers and analyzes relevant information systematically, with ability to analyze data and create useful assessments and presentations
Organizes and plans workflow methodically.
- Strong emphasis on quality of work product. Uses statistical and quantitative information to ensure quality. Checks work to ensure accuracy and quality. Continually looks for ways to improve processes.
Solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and ability to learn Government Accounting Standards
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of budgeting and accounting experience
This is a hospital based position located at Westchester medical center, Valhalla NY.