JobTitle Professional Practice Nurse Leader - Ambulatory
Specialty NURSING-Specialists (Education/CNS/Quality & Infection Control, etc)
Location Fairview offices at 400 Stinson
Department Nursing Practice and ED
Hours per 2 weeks 64
Date Posted 06/21/2018
Job Number 18-73614
The Professional Practice Lead (PPNL) demonstrates expert knowledge and skill in a specialty patient population. The PPNL participates in work and processes to develop, implement and evaluate innovative evidence-based interventions and best practices to optimize safety, quality and cost-effectiveness. The PPNL obtains/acquires data and evaluates practices through partnership with nurses and other members of the inter-professional team and demonstrates professional leadership in work at the patient, microsystem and macro system levels.
Minimum Qualifications to Fulfill Job Responsibilities:
- Patient Care and Evaluation of Clinical Practice
- Evaluates care of the specialty patient/population against standards.
- Implements and evaluates initiatives in terms of practice and outcomes.
- Acquires and analyzes data from multiple sources.
- Participates in the development of clear guidelines, performance standards, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to diverse organizational cultures and populations, including patients and providers.
- Employs consultative leadership skills within and among teams within specialty.
- Creates an environment to improve capacity for learning and adaptation to change.
- Provides consultation in development of patient/family education materials.
- Communicates findings to key stakeholders and follows up with others to ensure closed loop communication.
- Systems Leadership
- Promotes competency, excellence in professional and clinical practice and collaborative working relationships across the continuum of care.
- Implements quality and safety monitors, evaluates nursing sensitive indicators and other clinical quality metrics to improve clinical performance.
- Performs assessments and communicates plans to meet regulatory requirements related to nursing practice.
- Builds effective teams by including key stakeholders within and across units, service lines, populations, sites and organization.
- Supports the clinical and professional development of colleagues through precepting, mentoring and role modeling.
- Participates in staff development and professional education supporting nurse continuing competence.
- Participates in process of discovery, disseminates and implements evidence-based practice into clinical environment to promote best practices.
- Initiates, facilitates, and/or participates in research activities or quality improvement activities.
- Ethical Decision-Making
- Applies ethical principles when analyzing and assisting with concerns or issues.
- Bachelor degree in Nursing
- 3 or more years of nursing experience
- Master Degree in Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice or Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing or Doctor of Nursing Science
About Fairview Health Services
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Joined by HealthEast in June 2017, Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 11 hospitalsincluding an academic medical center and long-term care hospitalserving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairviews 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
- 6 or more years Nursing experience