Please note that the estimated pay range that is provided on various social media sites may not be representative of NORR's range for this position.
NORR is an employee-owned global architecture and engineering firm. Our multi-disciplinary team of 800 professionals is active in 12 market sectors across Canada, the US, UK and UAE. Design thinking is a cornerstone of our purpose as it has for more than 85 years. We push the boundaries of what is possible to support people and the planet. Our hybrid environment lets you choose where you want to work – at the office, at home, or in a remote location, staying connected to your team through collaboration and design technology platforms.
Our team in the Chicago office is seeking an Interior Designer who will assist in the development of design solutions, conduct research on behalf of the design team, and coordinate the design through all phases of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct site surveys, feasibility studies, concept design schematics and material/furniture systems research to ensure a satisfactory solution is delivered that meets quality parameters, project timelines and budgetary requirements
- Prepare presentation boards and other presentation materials
- Prepare drawings, models and renderings, following office standards
- Attend meetings to coordinate drawings and resources, determine project criteria and provide information
- Prepare furniture procurement documents and manage the process of delivery of furniture, fixtures and equipment
- Gain familiarity with current design trends, FFE distributors and presentation techniques to improve skills and implements them on project work
- Prepare and coordinate construction drawings in REVIT
- Have successfully completed related post-secondary education
- Is proficient in Interior Design software skills (i.e. AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, InDesign Microsoft programs)
- Have experience in interior design and presentation; demonstrates creativity and aesthetic knowledge
- Is familiar with Mechanical, Electrical, and Structural permits and building codes
- Prior experience in project delivery, project management, and client management is required
- Possess superior time management and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate an ability to coordinate with other team members and to collaborate with other professional disciplines
- Membership as an Interior Designer with a Relevant Registered Association is considered an asset
- 4 to 8 years of project experience
- Experience in Hospitality Design, Multi-Family and Amenity Design, Brand Submittal and FFE Specifications Writing Skills is required
NORR is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic: Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.