Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit www.linde.com.
Linde is seeking an I&E Technician to join the team in the Hillsboro, OR area.
- This role will provide technical execution of installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting tasks on relevant instrumentation, control and analytical systems for bulk gas generation plants.
- This role will operate bulk gas generation plants as needed.
- Understand and adhere to company safety work policies and operating practices. Report safety incidents and near misses.
- Startup, operate, and maintain air separation and bulk gas delivery systems, including associated tanks, purifiers, controls, and fill/offload systems. Troubleshoot shutdowns and perform corrective maintenance to allow equipment/plant restarts.
- Coordinate scheduling of planned maintenance and perform some preventative maintenance on system components.
- Operate units to continuously supply products at the appropriate quantities and qualities safely and economically, complying with all environmental regulations and daily customer requirements.
- Monitor process performance and makes appropriate adjustments to remedy deviations and align to the specified norm.
- Generate energy control plans, perform lock-out tag-out, correctly and safely permit maintenance work, and oversee contractors as necessary.
- Safely troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all rotating equipment and associated mechanical systems including compressors, pumps, fans, and valves.
- Prepare and execute projects to improve facility availability and reliability.Read, interpret and maintain (as needed) P&IDs and schematic wiring diagrams in compliance with SOP’s, QA, and MOC policies.
- Read, interpret and maintain (as needed) P&IDs and schematic wiring diagrams in compliance with SOP’s, QA, and MOC policies.
- Plan, schedule, coordinate and execute major installations, maintenance activities, calibration, testing and validation of industrial instrumentation and analyzer systems including:Control valves and related actuators & positioners
Older vintage hard-wired instrument systems
Modern transmitter-based instrument systems
Product Purity Analyzers
- Maintain and troubleshoot PLC/ DCS systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot electrical systems and equipment (<600V) including Motors, Backup generators, UPS systems, Breakers, and Transformers.
- Be knowledgeable of Switchgear control systems and functionally rack breakers in and out or switch them.
- Ensure all FDA-QA and SIS annual functional testing requirements are met (i.e. isolation circuit test, LTP testing, etc.)
- Understand Process Loop interaction and impact on the process.
- Frequent customer engagement is needed. Compliance Trainings at customer sites must be completed to obtain/maintain access badges.
This position requires a combination of office work and field work. The technician will support the operation of our facilities to ensure they are operated and maintained in a safe, reliable and environmentally friendly manner. The job requires a rotating on-call status. Some overtime, holiday, and afterhours work will be required. Employee must be able to access elevated electrical and mechanical equipment via ladders, scaffolding and man-lifts. Position may also require providing turnaround support within the region. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed to develop working relationships both internally with plants’ maintenance team and externally with customers and contractors. Ad hoc travels to customer sites or plants are required for this role.
- Proven understanding of control, instrumentation, gas analyzers, gas chromatographs and electrical systems in industrial environment. Ability to troubleshoot 4-20mA transmitter, electro-pneumatic control loops, as well as industrial control components (e.g., solenoid valve, actuators, regulators, PID controllers, etc).
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship program or technical degree (Associate or Bachelor’s) or equivalent combination of work experience and technical education/training required.
- At least 5+ years of related experience within the fields of customer service, UHP production systems, instrumentation and controls, gas purity analysis, engineering work procedure preparation and execution, technical documentation review and revision.
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industrial standards and codes. Capable of operating a forklift or overhead crane or man lift according to company policy.
- Highly proficient with standard software packages (Microsoft, Adobe) and working knowledge of HMIs, CAD, control logic editing. Ability to read, interpret and revise engineering drawings such as P&IDs, electrical drawings
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.00 - $45.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portland, OR: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person